cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Error during Installation - Error at 1%

RO_9178745
2-Guest

Error during Installation - Error at 1%

Good morning, guys.

I've struggling to complete the installation of the software of yours.

It always ends up with an error, no matter what.

The error message appears after completing 1% of the installation as follow:

"Some applications failed or cancelled. Click information icon of failed application for details"

Although, when I click it for further details, it just states the obvious ... that the "installion has failed " and it has created a log about the error , this which I could never find.

Looking forward for a feedback for support.

It's kinda frustating.

And I'm in really need of the software right now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi.

I was able to install software.  I located installation files which PTC Web installation assistant -software download to computer and then installed manually.

• First run pim_installmgr_mathcad.exe and when it gives "error at 1%" after downloading files
  • Go  (Windows 10) C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\PTC Download\MED-XXX-XX-XXX_X-X-X-X\ptcsh0\    
  • run PrimeWixInstaller_64bit.msi installation file.

Hopefully this help.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Hi.

I have same issue. 

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:RO_9178745)

Hi.  I did follow instructions and 'run as administrator'.

Installation package is pim_installmgr_mathcad.exe which I request from PTC.

I have Prime 5.0 installed on my PC and I though that there could be some issue because of that. So I uninstalled 5.0  but than not solve issue and I installed it back.

Little bit longer errorlog.

Installation failed, refer to the installation log file for more information. You can Restart the failed application installs or click Exit to close the installer. You have Mathcad Prime 6.0.0.0 or earlier version installed, Earlier Mathcad Prime will work as a stand-alone application, but earlier Mathcad Prime integrations with other PTC products will no longer work. See Installation Guide for more information.

I request installation package now from https://support.alfasoft.com/. Let see is it same package or different. 

Thanks for support!

Hi.

I was able to install software.  I located installation files which PTC Web installation assistant -software download to computer and then installed manually.

• First run pim_installmgr_mathcad.exe and when it gives "error at 1%" after downloading files
  • Go  (Windows 10) C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\PTC Download\MED-XXX-XX-XXX_X-X-X-X\ptcsh0\    
  • run PrimeWixInstaller_64bit.msi installation file.

Hopefully this help.

It works. I would only update to go to the folder that you unzipped the Mathcad package.

I tried to find this way you mentioned, but all I did not find the roaming directory after appdata.

Can you please help me?

I still have this 1% error.

Hi.

Here is good guide how locate or unhide AppData folder in Windows 10. 

https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/appdata-where-to-find-the-appdata-folder-in-windows-10/

Programs store some data in roaming folder. I think it should be there anyway.

Under AppData directory I have  Local, LocalLow and Roaming folders.

If you close PTC Web Installation Assistant -software after error it will delete installation files under

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\PTC Download directory.

Hopefully this help.

Br,

Jani

Good Morning!

Thank you very much, problem solved

Hi Ramon,

Do you still have the same issue?
Have you tried the solution suggested by janikoi?

Regards,

Saad

I have been trying to repair a function with a new istallation, but I keep getting stuck at 0% on downloaded files in the installation  step.  This has persisted for over 24 hours.  I need this program functioning, any help or updates would be much appreciated.

Britt

Yes, been through as much of that as I could including the multistep process to look for the PrimeWixInstaller_64bit.msi installation file

BS_10666090_0-1682813890016.png

All I have there is the contact file.; no PrimeWixInstaller_64bit.msi installation file

I have spent hours and tried everything I can find to try..

I have spent lots of time on this, because I desperately need this software working to finish up a class.  I had MathCad running, but wound up uninstalling to reinstall it because the worksheet converter was not working and I cannot get the reinstall to work.  This is extremely frustrating and I have spent several hours fighting this because I do not have a choice.  I really need someone to help.

This worked, took a while to download, but it came down and loaded and everything running, even the original problem I had seems fixed, but have not tested that.  Thank you so much for giving me an alternate path to follow.

Britt

You're welcome.

Additionally, I have tried to get the installer downloaded onto a completely different machine and I can not get that file to download either same as my machine.  Is it possible there are problems on the far side with the download functions because I can not get the data to download?

Top Tags