cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

I cant install MathCAD prime 5

SB_9793380
2-Guest

I cant install MathCAD prime 5

Hello,

i bought the prime 5 student version and in the installer i cant install the application

SB_9793380_0-1641225177780.png

what can i do ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Here's an update...!

We have removed access to the page that offered Mathcad Prime 5, and we plan to reach out to everyone who purchased one of those to get a Prime 7 installation. It should be within the next 24 hours or so.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

You probably mean version - 7.0? If so, download it from the following link, here: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/academicFree.jsp

It's possible that they purchased the licence for Prime 5 and are activating it quite a bit later.

Prime 5 and other pre-Prime 7 versions were all end-of-saled as of December 31, 2021.

I've forwarded this topic to our product manager. I believe the desired outcome will be to generate a new install for Prime 7.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

Thanks!

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:SB_9793380)

And then there is this overview of all kinds of information regarding installation of Mathcad products where you might find the solution to your specific problem.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Installation/All-About-Mathcad-Software-Installation/m-p/706433#M26

Note that much information regarding Prime 7 may also be applicable to Prime 5.

Success!
Luc

Here's an update...!

We have removed access to the page that offered Mathcad Prime 5, and we plan to reach out to everyone who purchased one of those to get a Prime 7 installation. It should be within the next 24 hours or so.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Glad to hear that!

Top Tags