cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The PTC Community email address has changed to community-mailer@ptc.com. Learn more.

I forgot how insanely bad the license scheme is with PTC

DS_10024912
11-Garnet

I forgot how insanely bad the license scheme is with PTC

I've paid for my license - but, I cannot retrieve the license.  The link in the renewal email is bad (no license when clicking link).  Then, I was sent a 43 page PDF document on how to set up your license - I followed those instructions - but those instructions are incorrect.  No license.   

I'm in contact with Subscription Manager and the Credit & Collections Administrator - via email.  I hope they will be proactive in helping me - but, at the same time I'm not expecting that level of service from PTC.   I've also created a ticket of some kind - although, I'm not sure if the ticket actually got created or not - I'm just not sure.

All other software that I purchase will provide a direct link to a license file, activation, or a license file will be sent directly to me in an email - and, typically, it takes about 5 minutes of your time.  In stark contrast is PTC's hyper convoluted and dysfunctional license scheme. 

I've lost interest in PTC Mathcad.  

1 REPLY 1

I still haven't heard back from PTC support regarding the license I paid for.  However, I was told by the Credit & Collections Administrator (in an email) a team would reach out to me today to supply me with my license file.  I hope I receive the license soon.    I'll never understand why PTC has an incredibly horrible license management system.  Calling it a system is far too generous.