cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Incompatibility between Mathcad 15 and Prime

AZ_11627431
1-Newbie

Incompatibility between Mathcad 15 and Prime

I am using Mathcad Prime Release 6.0 and Datecode6.0.0.0

Dear all, good afternoon from Brazil. I hope you are well. Since our Mathcad´s Brazil support team did not solve our issue, which is a big problem for us, we are contacting PTC directly. We have 7 Mathcad M15 M045 licenses (one of which is a network license) acquired by General Electric in recent years. In the last few weeks, we bought one more standalone license, but it is for PTC Mathcad Prime 6, because it is no longer possible to buy an M15 license. Our problem is that the Prime version does not directly open the M15 files of our current version. To do this, we were instructed to do a conversion from the old format of the file to the new format. But here is the problem: after this conversion, a lot of information, formatting and macros are lost from our worksheets and the calculation is not done directly without first solving some problems. So that you understand the seriousness of this problem: we have more than 200 folders, each of which contains between 25 – 30 Mathcad worksheets that we would have to fix in case this problem persists. Basically, it represents a lot of time to invest in this problem that is not caused by us.

Here are the errors that I faced
That is why we contacted you, because you are the last option we have to solve this problem without major inconvenience.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Welcome to the community forum.  The good news is that you can convert a large number of files at once quickly.  The bad news is that as you have pointed out the conversion process is not perfect and requires manual intervention after conversion.

When purchasing the licence for Prime you should get the latest version 10.

Firstly

"we are contacting PTC directly."

The forum despite being run by PTC is a collection of volunteers who help PTC users it is not "PTC directly" for that it is  needed to raise a support ticket.

Secondly

Not sure what is meant by "macros". 

If  macros means programmable controls like Check boxes, radio buttons, list boxes etc then these do not convert as they do not exist in Prime 6.

Prime 10 introduced programmable controls.   Even with Prime 10 simple programmable controls may not convert.  If written in VBScript they may not convert.

If macros mean mathcad programming in the sheets then these are converted.

If macros mean Custom Functions using C or C++ these are not converted.

If macros mean running mathcad from other software like VBA in excel then these are not converted.

Here is the good news the converter can convert large numbers of files at once.  I assume the 200 directories with 25-30 files per directory is in a heirachal directory structure with a top directory..

Open the converter and select "Add Worksheets"

Capture.JPG

In the windows open file dialog that opens use a search criteria of *.*mcd from the top of the relevant directory tree.

Capture2.JPG

Now use Ctrl + A to select all the files in all the directories.  Once all selected press Open. This will work across the network and spills through all subdirectories  at once.

Capture3.JPG

This will get all the files at once into the converter dialog.  I do not know the limit of the number of files allowed.

Capture4.jpg

Then it converts one by one when the "Convert" button is pressed

Now it is necessary as you use the sheets to manually adjust the layout and reprogram any programmable controls like check boxes,

Shamless plug. Of course you could employ an Ausralian expert a retired engineer like me to fly in, be put up in a cheap hotel for a couple of weeks to a month to convert all the files for you:-)  Could do with a holiday in Brazil.

Cheers

Terry

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi

Welcome to the community forum.  The good news is that you can convert a large number of files at once quickly.  The bad news is that as you have pointed out the conversion process is not perfect and requires manual intervention after conversion.

When purchasing the licence for Prime you should get the latest version 10.

Firstly

"we are contacting PTC directly."

The forum despite being run by PTC is a collection of volunteers who help PTC users it is not "PTC directly" for that it is  needed to raise a support ticket.

Secondly

Not sure what is meant by "macros". 

If  macros means programmable controls like Check boxes, radio buttons, list boxes etc then these do not convert as they do not exist in Prime 6.

Prime 10 introduced programmable controls.   Even with Prime 10 simple programmable controls may not convert.  If written in VBScript they may not convert.

If macros mean mathcad programming in the sheets then these are converted.

If macros mean Custom Functions using C or C++ these are not converted.

If macros mean running mathcad from other software like VBA in excel then these are not converted.

Here is the good news the converter can convert large numbers of files at once.  I assume the 200 directories with 25-30 files per directory is in a heirachal directory structure with a top directory..

Open the converter and select "Add Worksheets"

Capture.JPG

In the windows open file dialog that opens use a search criteria of *.*mcd from the top of the relevant directory tree.

Capture2.JPG

Now use Ctrl + A to select all the files in all the directories.  Once all selected press Open. This will work across the network and spills through all subdirectories  at once.

Capture3.JPG

This will get all the files at once into the converter dialog.  I do not know the limit of the number of files allowed.

Capture4.jpg

Then it converts one by one when the "Convert" button is pressed

Now it is necessary as you use the sheets to manually adjust the layout and reprogram any programmable controls like check boxes,

Shamless plug. Of course you could employ an Ausralian expert a retired engineer like me to fly in, be put up in a cheap hotel for a couple of weeks to a month to convert all the files for you:-)  Could do with a holiday in Brazil.

Cheers

Terry

Pig house Terry?

Announcements
Top Tags