cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Licence transfer to new computer

JT_10414533
1-Newbie

Licence transfer to new computer

I recently installed Mathcad 8.0 on my computer and had around 14 days left in the full trial. Yesterday my company changed my computer for a new one and I wanted to reinstall Mathcad 8.0 but now I can't. The install wizard is stating that I have reached the maximum number of licence request for this product.

I am wondering if it is possible to transfer the remaining trial time on my new install? Or at least have the free version, which I normally use anway.

thank you,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So finally today I tried to open one of my file and it opened in the MathCad Express. I will simply continu using the Express version.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:JT_10414533)

There is no license 'transfer' to a new computer that can be done by the end user.

You need to access PTC's license management page and do the license transfer there to your new computer ID and then PTC will send you a new file for your new computer.

ppal
17-Peridot
(To:JT_10414533)

It's a new computer. Set up a new trial account and restart the trial. 

You can try again for a month or try for the remaining two weeks and then buy a license.

I'm using the same PTC account on both computer, which is registered with my email address and I can't create a new account with the same email.

So finally today I tried to open one of my file and it opened in the MathCad Express. I will simply continu using the Express version.

Top Tags