cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

MC 15 help window does not open

adar
6-Contributor

MC 15 help window does not open

It was working fine on Windows 10 but now I cannot see the Help file. I can see the help window at the bottom of the screen when I hover the mouse over Mathcad window but when I click on it, it does not open. Please help.
13 REPLIES 13

Hi,

Have you tried pressing F1 key?

Cheers

Terry

adar
6-Contributor
(To:terryhendicott)

Yes, I did. Doesn't work. When I hover the mouse on the Mathcad icon at the task bar, I do see the help window but it does not open. 

amit 

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:adar)

Check this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mathcad\Mathcad 15\Resource Center\EN

adar
6-Contributor
(To:VladimirN)

thanks! I got the guide pdf and for now, it is ok. I tried opening the quick sheet hbk as well. No luck. 

May be I should reinstall the software. 

Amit 

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Also see the following articles:

adar
6-Contributor
(To:VladimirN)

I clicked on this file inside the directory. But it doesn't run. I also have other hbk files. When I click on them, they too don't run. Till some time ago, they used to run very well. It appears to be happening after the latest windows update. I keep getting messages to update to Windows 11. Should I change over to Win 11? 

amit 

DJNewman
17-Peridot

Mathcad 15 was never certified for Windows 11; I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have to.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

When you do see the help window associated with Mathcad 15 on the task bar, it is most probably open, but shown on another display (Do you have multiple displays set up?) or minimised to a few pixels.

Try the 'Task view' button:

LucMeekes_0-1668969998815.png

that should also be on the task bar, to show all windows.

Success!
Luc

adar
6-Contributor
(To:LucMeekes)

I checked. No, it is not there. However, I do see it in multiple windows but when clicked on, it doesn't show up. See attached screen shot.

Mathcad Help Invisible.png

amit 

Hi Amit.

I notice the help widow shown in the screen shot has no content.

Check the following directory has html files.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mathcad\Mathcad 15\doc\HELP_EN\Help

Cheers

Terry

adar
6-Contributor

thank you! At least I can find the information now.  Still waiting if someone can suggest a solution. 

amit 

Hi,

When all else fails reinstall?  Look for any options to install offline help?

Cheers

Terry

adar
6-Contributor

?? How to install offline help?

amit 

Top Tags