cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Mathcad 5 activation

ptc-5257336
2-Guest

Mathcad 5 activation

Hello,

I'm a teacher in Mechanical Engineering and we use Mathcad Prime 5. Since the 1st of januari we can no longer activate our (unused) Mathcad Prime 5 license codes. We don't need to upgrade and want to keep using our remaining license codes, but this no longer seems possible. Our reseller has zero options for this, except to buy a new pack of license codes (and run into the same problem in a few years)... 

Does anyone know of a solution for this problem? Or maybe a name from someone at PTC who could help me?

Thanks, Daan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4 REPLIES 4

@amcgough @DJNewman Could you please provide some help in this case.

Thanks, that explains a lot. At least I'm not the only one unhappy with this change.

We also have a few 'perpetual" license codes for Mathcad Prime 3.1 that can't be activated anymore... So that's a big deflation of the meaning of perpetual.

Thanks guys (for real) and thanks PTC (not for real)

Hi Daan,

I see Chris linked to the end of sale announcement in an earlier reply that explains why your unused Prime 5.0 student product codes no longer work. I'm looking into what we can do for you for that issue, please bear with me on that one. Would you be able to message me your Mathcad Prime 5.0 student product code order details?

The second issue you mentioned - not being able to activate previously unused perpetual Mathcad Prime 3.1 licenses - we recently had an issue with the PTC license management web tool relating to out-of-support perpetual licenses. That should have been fixed yesterday, so you should be able to access those now.

Again, apologies for these issues.

Andy.

Top Tags