cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Mathcad and Masterthesis

JS_10594421
2-Guest

Mathcad and Masterthesis

Dear sir or madame,

i kindly ask u to give me another 30 days trial version to finish my masterthesis and printout my calculations without the mathcad express signs in the backround.
In the company i work we use mathcad anyway, so i figured, it would not be a problem to give me another trial version.
kind regards
Johannes Scherfler

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Johannes,

I see two viable options, and going to the PTC Community to try to learn how to circumvent PTC's trial licence process and violate the licence agreement (see Section 2.1 about what a "trial" licence is for) isn't one of them.

1. Buy a (one-year term) student licence.
  2. Get your company to upgrade your company version to PTC Mathcad Prime 9, which they are likely entitled to do if your company is on a subscription agreement. I don't know what the process is like at your individual company, but whomever has a PTC eSupport account and has the power to install the new version can find the PTC Mathcad Prime 9 install media here: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/product.jsp?prodFamily=MCP
I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

In the company i work we use mathcad anyway,

So you have a way of printing your thesis without an extension to your trial?

Probably not, because in the Company we use Mathcad 8 and i used Mathcad 9.

That is a problem as Prime 9 does not back save to Prime 8.

Contact sales as PTC have academic versions of the software license

I am not here in this Forum to spent money on a academic Version. I am here to get another 30 days trial for free to finish my masterthesis.

Hi Johannes,

I see two viable options, and going to the PTC Community to try to learn how to circumvent PTC's trial licence process and violate the licence agreement (see Section 2.1 about what a "trial" licence is for) isn't one of them.

1. Buy a (one-year term) student licence.
  2. Get your company to upgrade your company version to PTC Mathcad Prime 9, which they are likely entitled to do if your company is on a subscription agreement. I don't know what the process is like at your individual company, but whomever has a PTC eSupport account and has the power to install the new version can find the PTC Mathcad Prime 9 install media here: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/product.jsp?prodFamily=MCP
I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
Top Tags