cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

My Unexpiring Mathcad 15 License Keeps Expiring

GWM
3-Visitor
3-Visitor

My Unexpiring Mathcad 15 License Keeps Expiring

The book that came with my original purchase of Mathcad 15 indicates "This is the full unexpiring version of Mathcad" (Ref. Brent Maxfield, P.E., Essential Mathcad For Engineering, Science, and Math, 2nd edition, Academic Press, 2009, Page 3). The quotation marks means it's verbatim from the book, by the way. Yet every year my license expires and I am forced to go through this exercise with PTC once again. Now the PTC website says my trial has expired, which is absolutely not true. Please provide me with yet another expiring license for my unexpiring version of Mathcad 15. This is for my home computer. I have a yearly subscription fee paid subscription for Mathcad 14 (JG140805EP0020-JTQB-VCY7) on my work computer that I cannot use at home except through a VPN connection. I need my unexpiring home edition for when I have to work at home. I would have used my home Mathcad account, but PTC has locked me out of that account. Why do you hate me?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
amcgough
12-Amethyst
(To:GWM)

Hi GWM,

Apologies for the complications you’ve been encountering, I’ll have to reach out to you via direct message to get some details on the original Mathcad install you got with the purchase of Brent’s book. Perpetual Mathcad licenses are just that - they should work perpetually (and do). Subscription licenses, which were rolled out a few years ago, need to be renewed every subscription period end. After a few direct message questions I’ll get the right people to look into this issue at PTC. 

Many thanks,

Andy.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

GWM
3-Visitor
3-Visitor
(To:VladimirN)

I've been an active engineer for almost 40 years. I appreciated these math worksheets because they look nice. But like a lot of other things these days, they are a convenience, not a necessity. I foresee an eventual end coming to a company who sells you something one day, then later takes it away thereby altering the conditions of the original sale. It's the same as theft, or a lie. I see a lot of that these days, so I'm not surprised. Enjoy your ride on the bandwagon. And thank you PTC for the time we had, but like most relationships, that time is now past. Goodbye.
amcgough
12-Amethyst

Hi GWM,

Apologies for the complications you’ve been encountering, I’ll have to reach out to you via direct message to get some details on the original Mathcad install you got with the purchase of Brent’s book. Perpetual Mathcad licenses are just that - they should work perpetually (and do). Subscription licenses, which were rolled out a few years ago, need to be renewed every subscription period end. After a few direct message questions I’ll get the right people to look into this issue at PTC. 

Many thanks,

Andy.

Thank you,, Andy!

Top Tags