cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Output of formulas defined with variables with equal signs

FL_9930868
1-Newbie

Output of formulas defined with variables with equal signs

Hello,
I have the following problem. If I e.g. Define 2 variables (b:=5 & h:=2) and then assign them to a new variable (W:= b*h) and then press =, then the following is displayed: W:= b*h=10
However, I would also like to see the formula written out and then the result: W:=b*h=5*2=10

When I do that with symbolic evaluation and keywords, it doesn't look pretty.
So is there a way to have formulas written out like above before I see the result?
This way you can understand the calculation better.

Thanks very much.

Translated by Andra Chirila using Google Translate on April 21st, 2021
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallo,
ich habe folgendes Problem. Wenn ich zb. 2 Variablen definiere (b:=5 & h:=2) und dann diese einer neuen variablen zuordne (W:= b*h) und dann = drücke, dann steht folgendes da: W:= b*h=10
Ich würde jedoch gerne zudem die ausgeschriebene Formel sehen und danach das Ergebnis: W:=b*h=5*2=10

Wenn ich das mit der symbolischen Auswertung und den Schlüsselwörtern mache, dann sieht das nicht schön aus.
Gibt es also eine Möglichkeit Formeln so wie oben ausschreiben zu lassen, bevor ich das Ergebnis sehe?
So kann man die Rechnung besser nachvollziehen..

Vielen Dank.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

1 REPLY 1

From "Help Center" - "Displaying Explicit Values" and "Explicit Calculation": https://support.ptc.com/help/mathcad/r9.0/en/index.html#page/PTC_Mathcad_Help/example_displaying_explicit_values.html#

Top Tags