cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Parallels installation difficulty

SP_10264822
4-Participant

Parallels installation difficulty

Hi, I'm having trouble installing mathcad on a M1 Mac parallels VM - despite having a good internet connection through the VM, I normally get "unable to launch installer, please check your network connection". I've tried this many times, and occasionally I get through to the bit where you choose which products to install. However, I've never successfully completed installation.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SP_10264822
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

As I dug into this a bit further - I get the same effect on a different browser.  I took a look at the certificate error and it looks like I'm blocked by goskope.com which I think is our corporate filter provider.  I've repeated the install on my personal laptop - and everything seems to be fine.  It's sub-optimal that I can't install on a work machine, but I'm ok with this solution.

Thanks for all the support.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

1. What version are you trying to install?
2. What installer are you using for this?

SP_10264822
4-Participant

1. I'm just trying to install the latest trial version so I can check it works with parallels on M1 before purchasing.  It looks like it should be PTC mathcad express according to the webpage.  However, I can't tell a version number from that.

2. The executable downloaded is pim_installmgr_mathcad.exe

Thanks for the follow-up

Try using this installer: https://bit.ly/38iu8mZ 

SP_10264822
4-Participant

Hi thanks for that - that does get it installed.  However, when I try to activate I get the error: "Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel with authority 'apps.ptc.com'.  For more help visit https://www.ptc.com/appserver/common/account/password.jsp'

When I click on the link, I get an invalid security certificate.  Have PTC let their security certificate lapse?

SP_10264822
4-Participant

Agreed, however I get a chrome error when I try to access this website.  Whilst I can over-ride on chrome - I can't do that with the mathcad license wizard which prevents me from activating mathcad for the trial and also from purchasing a licence.

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.ptc.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

What if you try in a different browser?

SP_10264822
4-Participant

As I dug into this a bit further - I get the same effect on a different browser.  I took a look at the certificate error and it looks like I'm blocked by goskope.com which I think is our corporate filter provider.  I've repeated the install on my personal laptop - and everything seems to be fine.  It's sub-optimal that I can't install on a work machine, but I'm ok with this solution.

Thanks for all the support.

Glad you were able to figure this out!

Top Tags