cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Product License File

KB_8129948
4-Participant

Product License File

Need license file for legacy product reinstall as I reinstalled my operating system and no longer have access to my open and view my files. My attempt to use the tool to transfer my student license at https://support.ptc.com/appserver/lm/mathcad/call_logger/callLogger.jsp was unsuccessful saying that my product code was a trial version

10 REPLIES 10

1. What version of the program are you using?
2. Show a screenshot of your issue.

KB_8129948
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

1) Mathcad 15 - Student Edition
2)
License Manger Error
KB_8129948_0-1675091758630.png

Error trying to obtain license file from the online portal
KB_8129948_1-1675091873271.png

KB_8129948
4-Participant

I understand Mathcad 15 has reached End of Sale. However, I am trying to migrate my purchased software just as Henry in his community post. https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad-Installation/Migrate-Prime-4-and-MathCAD-15-to-new-computer/m-p/793436

I have my original purchased disk, case, and product code, just no way of using the legacy software without the license file that ties it to my host PC. The license file that was generated pre- End of Sale was lost when I re-imaged my hard drive and installed a new operating system.  

It seems the team was able to shepherd Henry through acquiring a license acquisition a few months ago (post the Dec 2021 End of Sale announcement).

I have no intention of purchasing a license for Mathcad Prime 8.0. I do not use the software frequent enough to merit the month to month subscription and the free Mathcad Express lacks the advance math feature set that I rely on. 

KB_8129948
4-Participant

Still waiting for guidance on how to migrate my legacy license, purchased before the Dec 2021 End of Sale announcement. 

To me it seems Mathcad 15 is still supported to some extent, because it is listed in the product drop down list of the page referenced by the following community discussion:

@amcgough @DJNewman @Harry_Seth Please take a look.

KB_8129948
4-Participant

Any update?

Hello,

Sadly there is nothing that can be done for licensing older, retired products. Migrating a license would involve generating the license for the new computer and that is impossible as all the licensing tools have been retired.

All you can do if the old computer is no longer usable is purchase the new Prime 9.0 and use the convertor to change the files to this version.

~Alex

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Alex_Cazacu)

That answer is unacceptable from a customer standpoint! They OWN a license that according to the license agreement allows them to use the license indefinitely. PTC needs to be able to generate license files for MathCAD 15 for users who have upgraded their computers. 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

PTC has clarified their position on End-of-Sale items. They will provide support for those items, but due to the licensing issues, they cannot provide new licenses for items that are beyond their End-of-Sale date,

Top Tags