cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Updating Mathcad

JY_10603010
2-Guest

Updating Mathcad

Need to update mathcad 8 to mathcad 9

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:JY_10603010)

Download and install.

Commercial page for download is here: PTC Software Download - MathcadPrime

Student or commercial version? Student may require a new license. Commercial version will depend on your existing license.

Student version.....how do i obtain a new license? this seems like way to many steps to just update the program to the latest version.

Also how do i  cancel mathcad 8 subscription?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:JY_10603010)

In general, a Prime license for version x allows running version x-i, where i=1, 2, 3... (with the exception that you cannot license versions 1 to 6 anymore), but the new license you obtain (buy?) for Prime 9 should allow you to run Prime 8 alongside. You shouldn't need to uninstall it, but just install and license Prime 9 on the same computer. Note that Prime 9 will NOT allow you to save files in Prime 8 format. If you need to co-work with others running Prime 8, it's wise to keep Prime 8.

Success!
Luc

"Mathcad Prime 9 Student Edition License": https://www.ptc.com/en/store/mathcad/ptc-mathcad-prime-student

Top Tags