cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

XMCD Conversion/Converter - No License Error

LH_10497837
2-Guest

XMCD Conversion/Converter - No License Error

I am attempting to convert .xmcd files, using PTC Mathcad Prime 8.0.0.0 XMCD, MCD Converter. When I attempt to make the conversion, I receive a "No License" error in the MCDX Status dialog. I just downloaded Mathcad Prime 8.0.0.0. The files are Mathcad 15, and I do not have Mathcad 15 on my computer.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Starting from the 7th version of Mathcad Prime you can use the built-in converter (before the installation process, it is necessary to select it among the installation components).

Pic_1.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Starting from the 7th version of Mathcad Prime you can use the built-in converter (before the installation process, it is necessary to select it among the installation components).

Pic_1.png

I selected that option during my installation, and the Resources -> References -> Migration Guide within Mathcad Prime 8.0.0.0 directs me to use the XMCD, MCD Converter to convert the files. Is there some other way to access them in Prime 8.0.0.0?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:LH_10497837)

You are (most) probably using Prime 8 in Express mode. Quick check...Does the mean function work?

If you type

mean(2,3=

does it show:

LucMeekes_1-1668721788245.png

or does it show:

LucMeekes_0-1668721763448.png

In the first case you have a licensed Prime,

In the second case you have Prime Express. Prime Express is the free incarnation of the software. It allows much, but not everything: No programming, no symbolics, no solve-blocks, no conversions and also premium features such as mean() and stdev() are not supported.

You can obtain a free license to use Prime to its full functionality for a duration of 30 days. See here: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad-Installation/How-to-Acquire-30-days-License-for-Mathcad-Prime-7-0/m-p/721613#M413  (The process for Prime 8 should be virtually the same as for Prime 7).

If you do have a licensed Prime, and the converter (still) isn't working, you should contact PTC product support.

Success!

Luc

That does appear to be the issue. I'll install the full functionality and see if that works. Thanks!

In the folder where the program is installed, you can find a separate application to run - "WorkSheetConverter.exe".

Announcements
Top Tags