cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Mathcad Prime 3 beta license is not working

Ninetrees
1-Newbie

Mathcad Prime 3 beta license is not working

Is anyone else having this problem? I get

2013-03-10 18:04:31 : The license request failed.

Requesting MATHCAD_BETA_SITE ...

I notified PTC...

~R~

12 REPLIES 12
SteenGroðe
6-Contributor
(To:Ninetrees)

Well, I replied for the beta (positive) but never heard anything back, so it is more than just the license that is not working.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

How did you do the licensing? I followed the instructions in the beta install guide, pointed it at the license file (and my Prime 2.0 license file, as described), and it works fine. I can run Prime 2.0 and Prime 3 beta at the same time.

PTC got back to me...I had an @ in the file path, and M' doesn't like that. I have been using the @ for years to "bubble" important dirs to the top of the sort list, so didn't expect this at all. As soon as I copied the license to a dir with no special chars, it licensed perfectly. Might have been more useful had the error msg said "can't find license", but...

~R~

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Their bug. They should recognize any path that Windows considers valid.

Glad it's resolved, and that you found the bug

How do I get in on the beta testing? I was told I would be invited, but have not been so far.

You should recieve an e-mail shortly. Not sure why we missed you.

SteenGroðe
6-Contributor
(To:jkucan)

I wonder if this is concerning me or Mike... I at least got and answered the invitation, but then silence.

The answer was to Mike. However, I thought you'd be in the alpha -- I'll check with Andrew who is running the alpha.

Steen - my fault, I went back to the Alpha mail directory and found your returned initial survery, apologies for missing it. I just emailed you an NDA to sign and as soon as I get that back I can send you the download page URL and test instructions.

Mike - I've sent out an invite and NDA for you to sign, apologies for not doing so before, for some reason you weren't on my original list of invitees - I've now rectified that omission. Please let me know if you have any issues with the NDA.

Andrew did everyone in this group recieve an invitation?

Hi Andrew,

Could you check my email on this list of invited?

Top Tags