cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Converting .mcd to .mcdx

No ratings

We received an email inquiry which I had forwarded to a Mathcad product manager. I thought it may be useful for others, too, so instead of just emailing the response to the customer, I am posting it here as well.

-------

We need to convert .mcd to .mcdx...We have Prime 6.0.0.0
What do we need and how much does the program cost to do this conversion.

-------

The .mcdx file format is Mathcad Prime. The .mcd file format is for earlier versions of the legacy software, later versions of the legacy software use the .xmcd file format.

If this customer uses Mathcad Prime 6.0 there is a converter that comes with the software they can use to convert all .xmcd and most .mcd files to .mcdx - ‘most’ .mcd as we only go back as far as something like legacy Mathcad 7, which was late 90’s I think.

From the Input/Output tab in Mathcad Prime 6.0 they can find an ‘xmcd/mcd converter’ button - clicking that will open the converter. They will need the latest version of Mathcad 15.0 (M050) for that to work, and they can download that currently from the support software download site (Prime 7.0 converter does not need Mathcad 15.0 for the converter to work).

--------

Hope this helps! For additional questions, don't hesitate to open a Support ticket!

Comments

I have an old mathcad file in .mcd format that I am trying to convert to .mcdx (Mathcad Prime 7). When I used the file conversion tool in Prime 7, I get the error message that conversion is not done since I dont have the license file associated with the .mcd file. (under status it says No License).

Is the old (.mcd) license file needed to convert from .mcd to .mcdx?

Thanks a lot,

Muhammet

Version history
Last update:
‎Feb 18, 2021 03:04 AM
Updated by:
Labels (1)