cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

[API] How can I define variable at the beginning and middle of calculation sheet?

yoohooos
11-Garnet

[API] How can I define variable at the beginning and middle of calculation sheet?

I would like to use API to change/define variables values(string and fraction) that occur at the very beginning of my calculation sheet. Also, sometime I will calculate some values in the middle of my calculation sheet but might need to redefine it later in the same file.

How can I do these? Could someone point me in a direction. I have just started using API for Mathcad. (VBA/Python)

Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

By Mathcad do you mean Prime or Mathcad 15?

In Prime you can find API documentation and Examples in the help files.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

In Mathcad 15 they are in the developers reference.

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.jpg

Enjoy your programming

Cheers

Terry

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

By Mathcad do you mean Prime or Mathcad 15?

In Prime you can find API documentation and Examples in the help files.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

In Mathcad 15 they are in the developers reference.

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.jpg

Enjoy your programming

Cheers

Terry

Hi Terry,

Thank you very much! I saw this link and went through it already. However, I was just wondering if there are any official documentation for the API? VBScript and VBA are very similar, but they are still quite different. I did finished a simple program using VBA and because it was a very simple, I was able to guess through some of the function/method. But then, a more complicate project would require more than just me guessing through commands. I did looked up the library in the VBA, but all were just saying what values the function is taking in but doesn't say what the function do.

Sincerely,

yoohooos

Hi,

1) I was just wondering if there are any official documentation for the API? VBScript and VBA are very similar, but they are still quite different.

The information on the API in the help file is as far as I know the only documentation!

2) Enclosed are two more examples.

Cheers

Terry

Top Tags