cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

AUTOMATED (PROGRAMMED) CALCULATIONS

Anousheh
6-Contributor

AUTOMATED (PROGRAMMED) CALCULATIONS

Hello everybody,

I have attached a MathCad 15 worksheet. I would like to make tables of the following parameters for 3 values of alpha and for different rhos.

rho values: 2, 5, 10, 20, 30, 50 and 60

x1c, x2c and x3c corresponding to alpha=0.50, 0.45 and 0.40 respectively.

Q1c, Q2c and Q3c - same thing.

y1c, y2c and y3c - same thing.

Please go to the "Xc, Qc and Yc Section" on the worksheet.

Also, I would like to make some graphs of these parameters.

Thank you so much for the time and help.

Anousheh

PS final results as an array would be OK. I guess, it can then be exported to excel. OR, can MactCad produce tables?

39 REPLIES 39
Anousheh
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

Hello Werner,

Thank you for your thoughts.

Werner Exinger wrote:

So if you are happy with a precision of two decimal places in the tables I guess you must not change anything.

I am happy with two decimal places. But, in the paper we should write the figures with three decimal precision.

I shall use the right version for the publication purposes.

Thanks again,

Anousheh

PS with a post with so many entries, how do we go right to the last one sent by a contributor? I have to scroll up and down to find the last post! Thanks.

PS with a post with so many entries, how do we go right to the last one sent by a contributor? I have to scroll up and down to find the last post! Thanks.

I usually jump in a thread from the overview page (guess its called "what people are doing" or the like) and when I click on the thread it should bring me to the latest posting. Unfortunately ever so often this does not work. Sometimes things go wrong here and a thread may disappear or strange things happen. E.g. in a recent thread ("Missing OLE components) I am listed as last poster, which is not true.

I quite often get lost in longer discussions, not being sure what posting another one is the answer of.

The forum software used should provide more comfort like a tree view of all threads, the possibility to collapse threads or subthreads, provide an outline view of a thread. All this would be helpful but is not implemented. I think nobody at PTC cares about as long as the overall usage frequency of the forum is within a desired range.

Positive compared to some other forums is the generous posibility to attach files, on the other hand the handling of inserted pictures is sometimes faulty.

Short answer to your question: I dunno 😉

Ad precision: That only the third decimal place changes when the intervals are set from 1000 to 50000 does not necessarily mean that the second is correct. You would need values you can rely on to which to compare yours.

Anousheh
6-Contributor

Hello Werner,

Werner Exinger wrote:

I quite often get lost in longer discussions, not being sure what posting another one is the answer of.

Short answer to your question: I dunno 😉

Thanks again. I hope you can find this one!

Let's hope that PTC will do something about this.

Anousheh

Let's hope that PTC will do something about this.

Wouldn't bet on it.

Anousheh
6-Contributor

Hello Werner,

Thank you again.

Wonderful program. I shall use this for a long period of time.

Right at the bottom of the worksheet, the last version of the tables are RED.

Could you kindly see if you can fix it for me?

Thanks,

Anousheh

Anousheh
6-Contributor

Hi,

I just realized that you put 2 inside the bracket.

Perfect.

Anousheh

Anousheh Rouzbehani schrieb:

Hi,

I just realized that you put 2 inside the bracket.

Perfect.

Anousheh

Correct! See above 😉

The end of the attached file shows a neater way of solving your ODE.

Alan

Anousheh
6-Contributor
(To:AlanStevens)

Hello Alan,

Thank you for your time. This is really nice way to do the graphs in a neater way.

Would you please help me to put this idea into a simple program that produces the end results, namely: x1c, Q1c and y1c, etc. in an array type form? These are critical values for 3 different alphas and different rhos=2, 5, 10, 20, 30, 50 and 60.

Thank you so much,

Anousheh

Anousheh
6-Contributor
(To:AlanStevens)

Hello Alan,

Thank you for your input. Werner kindly put everything together for me. I have the results now.

Thanks again for your help.

Anousheh

Top Tags