cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Acrotray Error

rlydon
1-Newbie

Acrotray Error

We have a user that is receiving an error when trying to save files as PDF.

"Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PTC\Mathcad  PDSi\Acrobat\AcroTray.exe'.

When browsing to the directory listed, the "Mathcad PDSi" folder and subfolders do not exist.

We've tried searching high and low for an installer for Mathcad PDSi, but can only come up with "should we uninstall this" guides.

Any help finding the installer for this PDSi program/addon is appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:rlydon)

You don't say which version of Mathcad you are using, but I assume it is Mathcad Prime. Others have also reported problems saving to pdf.

It would probably be easier to just install a pdf printer. I use CurePDF (CutePDF - Convert to PDF for free, Free PDF Utilities, Save PDF Forms, Edit PDF easily.), which is both very good and free.

This lead me to find a fix, thank you!

We are running Mathcad 15, but found a way around this using Mathcad Prime (the free trial, specifically.) We were able to download the free trial installer, specify the same install directory as Mathcad 15, then select to only install the Mathcad pdsi addon. This got the directory created, and allowed the "broken plugin" the user was trying to use to operate again.

Thanks everyone for the responses!

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal
(To:RichardJ)

Richard,

Does CutePDF allow you to append to an existing PDF document?  I often want a PDF of just the first page (input) and last page (output) of a Mathcad document.  However, since Mathcad does not allow you to print non-congruent pages, I am forced to print the first page and then append the last page.  I have Win2PDF at work - I like it a lot, but it is not free.  At home I use TurboPDF - I'm not particularly fond of it, but it was the best free version that I could find (at the time) that provides the ability to append.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:MJG)

Does CutePDF allow you to append to an existing PDF document?

The free version doesn't, but the paid version ($49.95) does. They also have a free cloud based pdf editor that allows you to join files. See CutePDF - Convert to PDF for free, Free PDF Utilities, Save PDF Forms, Edit PDF easily.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:MJG)

Mark,

Sometimes I use the following online editors for PDF files:

PDF editor: PDFescape - Free PDF Editor & Free PDF Form Filler - Account

Split PDF files: http://www.splitpdf.com/

Merge PDF files: PDFMerge! - Merge PDF files online for free.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:rlydon)

You can find "Mathcad PDSi viewable support" component (by Adobe Systems) in the latest Mathcad 15 M045 package, here: Thank You for Your Interest in PTC Mathcad 15 | PTC

Pic_1.png

Pic_2.png

We've got this package, but running the distillr.msi or the setup.exe gave us an (I'm paraphrasing here) "you cannot install this standalone, the addon must be selected when installing Mathcad" error.

We've found a way around it, more detail in the response to Richard.

Thanks for the response!

Top Tags