cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Are there free MathCAD version for university student?

yoohooos
11-Garnet

Are there free MathCAD version for university student?

I was just wondering if there are any free MathCAD software for student. 

I saw there is a version where student have to buy it for $60 and valid for 1 year only.

8 REPLIES 8

The only free Mathcad is Prime Express.  If you download a new version of Prime it will be a fully functional version for 30 days.  Then it will default to Express; you will be able to see any workbook you open (complete with the values that had been solved for when the file was saved.)  But an attempt to edit the file will cause it to recalculate, and all of the reserved functions will not evaluate.  (What is and is not a reserved function is often puzzling!)

All of the licensed versions of Mathcad are now not purchased (like they used to be) they are rented for an annual fee.

Information from PTC in the book
2^5 Problems for STEM education

PTC-in-book.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:yoohooos)

And should you need symbolic math...

Check out Sage (http://www.sagemath.org/)

Success!
Luc

@yoohoos, You can try the below link. Click on University or K12 under Mathcad Student Downloads.

1. Finish required form, click Submit
  2. Download Installation Instructions which contains download URL and installation guide
  3. Download and install student edition base on guidance in Installation Instruction

https://www.ptc.com/en/academic-program/academic-products/free-software

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Sanath)

Which essentially gets you to (or: to you) Prime Express (= full Prime functionality for 30 days, and after that no longer the use of Prime's 'Premium' features, such as symbolics, programming and highly complicated functions such as 'mean'...)

Check out Fred's comment, above.

Success!
Luc

@yoohooos i hope you got your answer related to this post.

Top Tags