cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

BSpline

awibroe
14-Alexandrite

BSpline

Hi All,

I am desperately trying to get my head around the Bspline function and associated functions like Spline2 but the help files leave allot to the imagination. I need a bit of a demo. Anyone got a worksheet (that would work in MCP3) that I can look at to get an idea of how the functions work specifically in terms of plotting data?

Thanks,

Andy

4 REPLIES 4
ViktorKorobov
13-Aquamarine
(To:awibroe)
DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

This is basically straight from the help files, but boiled down some.  And the key part to make it useful is fitting the b-spline with a cubic so we can pull values at any point.

2018-06-15_8-03-48.jpg

awibroe
14-Alexandrite
(To:DJF)

One thing I’m not clear on is what is weighting in this context and how is it defined?
DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

Weighting just gives more weight to some points as opposed to others, which will affect the fit accordingly.  Other than this example I never use it.  You likely don't need it either.   You just need to delete the 'w' in the b= equation to ignore it.

Top Tags