cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Bad Solve Variable

DS_10024912
12-Amethyst

Bad Solve Variable

What am I doing wrong?

ptc_mathcad_bad_solve_variable.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@DS_10024912 wrote:

What am I doing wrong?

Its not so easy to say just by looking at the picrture and without seeing the worksheet itself.
It sure would be better to attach the worksheet rather than just posting a picture.

My best two guesses:

1) Before the region with the symbolic solve you assigned a value to a variable V.rms

Solution:  Clear the variable V.rms in fromt of the region by typing     clear.sym(V.rms)

2) You ran into Primes infamous auto-label bug.

Solution: Check if both occurrences of V.rms are labelled the same. If not, manually label both the same, either both "Variable" or both "-" (which means "automatic")

Both scenarios would throw the error shown in your pic.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

The equal sign needs to be "Ctrl" and "=" the Evaluation equals.

Capture.JPG

Cheers

Terry

@DS_10024912 wrote:

What am I doing wrong?

Its not so easy to say just by looking at the picrture and without seeing the worksheet itself.
It sure would be better to attach the worksheet rather than just posting a picture.

My best two guesses:

1) Before the region with the symbolic solve you assigned a value to a variable V.rms

Solution:  Clear the variable V.rms in fromt of the region by typing     clear.sym(V.rms)

2) You ran into Primes infamous auto-label bug.

Solution: Check if both occurrences of V.rms are labelled the same. If not, manually label both the same, either both "Variable" or both "-" (which means "automatic")

Both scenarios would throw the error shown in your pic.

It was the former.  I had mistakenly assigned a variable above the question.  I did not know about clear.sym(V.rms) - good to know this. 

Thanks for your help!

Top Tags