cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Bad login

TomGutman
1-Newbie

Bad login

I recently ran into the situation where the forum would only recognize me as a guest (despite my being logged on to the PTC site. I was able to contact PTC via the collaboratory, after which the problem cleared up.

But what am I to do if this happends after the collaboratory is no longer available. As a guest I seem to have o capabilitites to leave messages at all. Do I just wait and hope that somebody notices the discrepency? Or do I take the easy (normal) and just quietly lose interest in the whole forum?

21 REPLIES 21
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:TomGutman)

Tom Gutman wrote:

Or do I take the easy (normal) and just quietly lose interest in the whole forum?

No.

We want experienced Mathcad users contributing to this forum.... So, PTC pull your finger out.

I have just had an error message several times while trying to login.

Mike

That same situation has happend to me a few times before. Even just tonight when I was trying to respond to jmg's post! It seems the login in doesn't register or something like that. Login functionality usually returns within a few hours or so.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:NormalVector)

Stephen Guimond wrote:

That same situation has happend to me a few times before. Even just tonight when I was trying to respond to jmg's post! It seems the login in doesn't register or something like that. Login functionality usually returns within a few hours or so.

Stephen,

What time was you trying to login?

Jean has stated several times that the site is down between certain times.

Mike

It was yesterday evening, maybe 10pm?

I've reported the problem to Dan, since I also have this issue sometimes. I think it happens when you are already logged into www.ptc.com.

Mona

No, the first login in this situation is clearly whe I'not logged oon to TPC.COM. Partly a maatter of time -- it happend after I've been off the system a while, and partly behaviour -- the first use of login doed go through the PTC.COM logins. Subsequent behaviour indeed shows that I am ogged in tho PTC.com, and the login button does nothing. How do I get the login to PTC.com to be recognized by the forum software?

No Mona, and no to all,

You all have it wrong, no matter whether you are logged in or not or whatever you might conclude ... This site turns OFF at about exactly 21:00 and returns at 24:00 [± 1 mn] . It has nothing to do with the "log in/out, not logged" . It is so since I register 22 June 2010, every day !

Jean

I don't think it's the simple timing issue described by jean. I'm pretty sure I've logged in successfully after 21.00; while recently I attempted to log in at 2.30am (don't ask!!) and got exactly the response described by Tom. However, that's the only time I've been unable to log in, so my experience doesn't help much.

Alan

NB I note that the official timing of this message as it appears at the top is just one hour earlier than my local time.

Can you let me know the window of time that this occurs for eveyone? Time zone and AM or PM would be extremely helpful.

turns OFF 21:00 ... turns ON 24:00 Eastern time

since June 22, 2010, every day

Eastern time, for instance

Boston (Mass), Montréal (QC)

I would have bet my bottom $ you were doing maintenance.

Maybe a "by law" parental control ?

Very inconvenient anyway.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:DanMarotta)

This post won't be off much use but hey..... I have problems all the time, its never time specific for me.

Mike

IRstuff
3-Visitor
(To:mzeftel)

No, as others have said, it occurs in the transfer between logging into PTC and then switching back to Communities. It's pretty obvious, because you can go to PTC and view your account information, so you are clearly logged into PTC, but Communities is confused, since it thinks you're not logged in, but won't send you to the PTC login page.

TTFN

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:IRstuff)

I have a suspicion that the interaction between the PTC server and the PTC Communities server might also be the source of the "Bad Gateway" messages that many people get.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:RichardJ)

the "Bad Gateway" messages that many people get.

Including me - I just got nailed by it when in the edit dialogue. Then when I tried to post it gave the error "Jive Temporarily Unavailable", and wiped out everything I had written (which was a lot - it was the post about saving the state of controls). Fortunately, I am now wise to the bad behavior of this forum software, and had saved a copy before I clicked on the "Post Message" button!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

This site has been causing me all sorts of problems over the last couple of days. My computer has just died when I tried to close a page from this site down.

Richard Jackson wrote:

Fortunately, I am now wise to the bad behavior of this forum software, and had saved a copy before I clicked on the "Post Message" button!

I have reverted to writing long responses in Microsoft Word and posting into here. Had enough of loosing my reply's and the "Use Recovered" not working.

Mike

Monkey see, monkey do !

Jean doing same as Richard & Mike [but on NotePad]

Tom Gutman wrote:

I recently ran into the situation where the forum would only recognize me as a guest

Me too. Several times.

Do I just wait and hope that somebody notices the discrepency? Or do I take the easy (normal) and just quietly lose interest in the whole forum?

There are not very much options ... at least, I can't figure others.

Regards. Alvaro.

Alvaro,

Does the Guest login still occur? Can you give me as much detail as you can? Time of day, length of time, process flow

-Dan

BostonDan wrote:

Alvaro,

Does the Guest login still occur? Can you give me as much detail as you can? Time of day, length of time, process flow

-Dan

I email to -; answering

-------------------------------

> Hello Alvaro,

> Examining the hyperlink you provided below, (Iniciar sesión), we noticed it contains “uat.” http://uat.communities.ptc.com/index.jspa is not a valid URL and should be removed from any bookmarks, cookies and cache.

> Please use http://communities.ptc.com to access PlanetPTC Community going forward.

> The Planet PTC Community Team

-------------------------------

Apparentlely it is an issue from the spanish interface (index.jspa) and seems that my problem was solved. It is persists, I go to notify here. Thanks for your interest.

Regards. Alvaro.

> Hello Alvaro,

> Examining the hyperlink you provided below, (Iniciar sesión), we noticed it contains “uat.” http://uat.communities.ptc.com/index.jspa is not a valid URL and should be removed from any bookmarks, cookies and cache.

> Please use http://communities.ptc.com to access PlanetPTC Community going forward.

> The Planet PTC Community Team

Just info, my link is:

https:\\communities.ptc.com/index.jspa

jean Giraud wrote:

Just info, my link is:

https:\\communities.ptc.com/index.jspa

Nice to know. I assume that jspa = Java SPAnish (i receive this pages in a mixture of spanish and english), but searching it meaning Java Specification PArticipation, just what anywone can figure reading jspa. So, when i loging into ptc, appear a bad link in the browser, but i think that this is not the problem, but a symptom. What I can tell is that i try at various hours (like 10 am, 4 pm) from a of 3 or 4 machines and with ms iexplorer and opera. One time i clear iexplorer cookies and cache but without sucess.

Regards. Alvaro.

Top Tags