cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

CODE EXAMPLES

ppal
17-Peridot

CODE EXAMPLES

I went here 

Code Examples

Then Here

Mathcad Prime API Example: Microsoft Visual Studio C++ ATL | PTC

Then I got:

ppal_0-1652670043105.png

Is it just my PC or is the link dead?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Here it is.

Cheers

Terry

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi,

Just tried the link and it worked.  Redirected to this site.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/refdoc/Mathcad_Prime/API/C_Plus_Plus_NET

Capture.JPG

Cheers

Terry

Hi

Did you manage to download the file?

Hi,

Here it is.

Cheers

Terry

@terryhendicott wrote:

Hi,

Just tried the link and it worked.  Redirected to this site.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/refdoc/Mathcad_Prime/API/C_Plus_Plus_NET

Yes, thats OK, but if you try to access the example by clicking "English", the error message shown by @ppal  is shown.

Where did you get the file which you posted later from?

Werner,

The download link also works fine for me. What happens when you try to download a file?

ppal
17-Peridot
(To:VladimirN)

I get

ppal_0-1652693574025.png

Could be a firewall issue at work.

@VladimirN wrote:

Werner,

The download link also works fine for me. What happens when you try to download a file?

I get the very same error message which @ppal  already sent, telling me that the resource is not available.

I use Firefox and I experimented with Chrome and here it worked OK.
Then again with Firefox but with my Adblocker (AdGuard) disabled and this time it worked. 
Even though disabling the AdBlocker is a workaround, I feel that the problem needs to be fixed on PTC's side as disabling an AdBlocker sure is not an acceptable option.

Hi Werner.

From the English button on the described web page. It works for me and downloads the file.

Using Chrome web browser

Chrome is up to date
Version 101.0.4951.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Capture.JPG
Cheers
Terry

My main Browser is Firefox with security feature enabled -  amongst them  an Ad-Blocker. Somehow this Adblocker  forces PTCs webpage to trigger that 404 Server Error (resp. to not deliver the page with the file download).

In my eyes this is a bug in the design of the PTC website - the simple download of a file should not cause any problems even with activated AdBlocker.

Disabling the adblocker for PTC domain is not an option as I block a lot of items here to make the forum look cleaner and better useable. But none of the blocking rules applied would refer to the addresses used in the down link for the file which failed. So the culprit are not the extra rules I added but the default settings of the blocker which usually don't cause any problems on any other sites i visit and/or download from.

I guess that the reason for @ppal  not to be able to download the file is a similar one!? Not sure if he is surfing using an AdBlocker but I'm pretty sure that many people are doing so.
As we now know of the problem a workaround sure is to temporary disable the adblocker but this sure shouldn't be necessary and I wouldn't have even thought of doing that if @terryhendicott  hadn't written that he could access the file with Chrome. I then tried it with Chrome and it worked - hence the idea to lower the security a bit in Firefox to try it again.

AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:VladimirN)

I've passed on your observations, so they can investigate this error. Thanks.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:AndrewK)

Thanks, Andrew!

Top Tags