cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Calculate interior values between key values,

SFares
12-Amethyst

Calculate interior values between key values,

Hello,

please scroll down in my sheet until you see the red arrow, where i placed my question. i will calculate the main or key values, but i also need to calcuate these values at incremental values in between as shown in screen shot of an excel sheet inside Mathcad sheet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:SFares)

I see you have used the linear interpolation method

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Two questions:

1. What are you trying to calculate?

2. Do you have the data in a live format?

Hello Mike,

In my sheet , i calculated the highligted values for (a,c,C,..), just to show you how to produce these main values which must be calculated first, then you build the table around it. if you look at value in mathcad with same highlight color as excel both values are equal. So i need to calculate the values for the other values in between. the values in between are at the increments i described in my sheet.

i dont have the data in live format in excel. Thanks!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

The problem I see is that all your formulas are dependant on c, which is a non-consistent formula. Were have the formulas for c come from?

the value for c=a/.8 or a=0.8c

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I tried interpolating between the values to determine c and have done so, as the relationship seems to be linear, well for the first set of data anyway. However, when C is calculated the values are not an exact match as the data for C is not linear.

Clipboard01.jpg

I suppose it's how accurate you want the data.

Clipboard01.jpg

take it you could just manually type out the data?

Hello Mike, i have a follow up question about the same sheet regarding the table. the question is inside my sheet

SFares
12-Amethyst

i forgot to attch the sheet.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I cannot see where C.na is defined?

Have a look at the attached. I believe that is what you are after.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I see you have used the linear interpolation method

Top Tags