cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Can Mathcad Prime tile worksheets?

rriley-2
1-Newbie

Can Mathcad Prime tile worksheets?

Wondering if Mathcad Prime is able to tile worksheets, in order to compare side by side and copy/paste.

I believe this was a capability in previous versions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:rriley-2)

It doesn't seem like it can; another one of the many, many, many...features that Prime is still missing.

The only view options I found are in the document tab on the ribbon:

View as "Page"

View as "Draft"

Zoom factor slider.

These can also be found at the bottom-right corner of the window.

Luc

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:rriley-2)

It doesn't seem like it can; another one of the many, many, many...features that Prime is still missing.

The only view options I found are in the document tab on the ribbon:

View as "Page"

View as "Draft"

Zoom factor slider.

These can also be found at the bottom-right corner of the window.

Luc

Thank you Luc.  That is what I have discovered as well.

I did submit a support request to make sure I wasn't missing something, and it was confirmed the functionality is not there.

I was notified I can request the functionality through the PTC Product Idea Submission Process site. If enough in the Mathcad community feel it is valuable functionality, and submit through the Product Idea site, there may be consideration to develop it.

http://support.ptc.com/support/PTC_Product_Ideas.htm

RR

As far as my experience is, those product ideas are a placebo.

Thx.  I suppose I will take the Blue Pill then.

RR

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:Werner_E)

Werner Exinger wrote:

As far as my experience is, those product ideas are a placebo.

Placebos are supposed to make you feel better ... not raise your blood pressure with the sure and certain knowledge that they will find their way to the bottom of a Not To Do list somewhere. Or, to paraphrase The Lord High Executioner, "They'll all of them be missed".

Stuart

In Prime 5.0, I found it could not tile worksheets within a single instance of the application, but, it can open multiple instances of the application, and you can cut or copy from the worksheet in one instance and paste into the other.  So to open a second worksheet and work on them side-by-side, open another instance of the program, open your second worksheet in the second instance of the program, and you're all set.

Top Tags