cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Can anyone help on how to use the matrix (taken from an excel file) in the equations...?

ptc-6319165
1-Newbie

Can anyone help on how to use the matrix (taken from an excel file) in the equations...?

In the attached Mathcad file you can see that I need to evaluate the output power equation as a function of k (as highlighted in yellow in the last page).

I need the matrix (L11, L22, k etc) to be used in the equation (for the variable k)...

In short, I need to plot a graph Pout(k) vs k........ all the values indicated in the equation of Pout(k) must be taken from the matrix.. please help to get the plot

3 REPLIES 3

Mathcad gives you the ability to embed your EXCEL sheet in the document and assign cell values to Mathcad variables.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-6319165)

You need to get rid of the header row, so use the submatrix function to extract the data rather than the row operator. Then vectorize the expression for M, so that M is a vector. Then calculate P.out as a vector, and just plot it against k. You need to fix a units problem though (which I was too lazy to do ).

Thanks, Thats a good point.. will use the submatrix .!

Top Tags