cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Can it be plotted in MATHCAD Prime 8?

HOOD
4-Participant

Can it be plotted in MATHCAD Prime 8?

Hello, I'm new to MATHCAD. I was wondering if the following Dynamic Motions problem can be plotted in MATHCAD prime. If so, please show me how! The plot would need to be just like in the picture. Tennis racquet graph.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:HOOD)

@HOOD wrote:

Hello, I'm new to MATHCAD. I was wondering if the following Dynamic Motions problem can be plotted in MATHCAD prime. If so, please show me how! The plot would need to be just like in the picture. Tennis racquet graph.png

For those simple functions using "odesolve" is kind of overkill and was done for demonstration purposes only 😉

Werner_E_1-1650393270646.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

HOOD
4-Participant
(To:ValeryOchkov)

Thanks Valery for the link! I'm currently trying to get my kids interested in MATHCAD. They (myself included) may find it easier to understand with the help of your book.

Cheers!

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

See please animations of this chapter

Celestial-Mechanics - PTC Community

HOOD
4-Participant
(To:ValeryOchkov)

Wow! These are all very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

@HOOD wrote:

For those simple functions using "odesolve" is kind of overkill and was done for demonstration purposes only 😉

Werner_E_1-1650393270646.png

HOOD
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Werner, thank you very much! I greatly appreciate the "overkill" as well!

I have had MATHCAD for about a year now, but am just now finding the time to tinker with it. 

Cheers!

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

One additional remark: Your pic uses vx and vy for the first derivatives of x and y. This can be done in Prime, too. But in this case you would have to solve not only for x and y but also additionally for vx and vy:

Werner_E_0-1650400465826.png

I considered this unnecessary as we could as well define

Werner_E_1-1650400561406.png

after the solve block in case vx is needed as a separate function.

HOOD
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the added info!

Top Tags