cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Cannot run MATHCAD EXPRESS

regcurry
14-Alexandrite

Cannot run MATHCAD EXPRESS

Why is the PTC process so convoluted?😫😫 

This is the reason I never use PRIME and stick with MATHCAD 15.  I am one of the respondents totally disgusted with PTC as noted on this forum thread.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad-Installation/MathCad-15-permanent-Product-Codes-no-longer-verified-by-PTC/td-p/815892

In order to help a friend decide on PRIME, I downloaded MATHCAD EXPRESS,  actually PRIME 10 30 day trial.  It supposedly installed because there is a PRIME 10 exe file.  I downloaded the license from my email.  When I try to run MATHCAD PRIME 10 for the 30 day trial nothing happens when I click on the MathcadPrime.exe file in the PRIME 10 folder in Program files.  It never asks for a license; it never installed a desktop icon.  It never showed up in my Start Menu.  Their so called instruction guide is pages long with no succinct summary.  I don't have time to study a lengthy installation guide for such a convoluted process.

Because of PTCs paranoia, I have now steered my friend away from PTC MATHCAD.  I was going to reinstall MATHCAD EXPRESS to see if I have changed my mind on PRIME and help him decide on MATHCAD PRIME.  I advised him to go with SMATH!

If you want people to consider MATHCAD PRIME for such an exorbitant price that is required each year, I suggest you make the trial version installation more user friendly.  I am now in the process of removing all PRIME files from my PC. 🙄😖

Reg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
regcurry
14-Alexandrite
(To:terryhendicott)

Did that and it didn’t work.😡

I’ve used computers and installed software for over 60 years.  I have never had the issues I’ve had with PTC.  If you search the forum, you will find I am not the only one.  You might also read the link provided to see how people feel about software companies now extorting yearly fees when the original purchase was a perpetual license.  So yes, I and others are not happy customers.

Reg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

Sorry you feel this way.  I use Prime and am happy with it accepting its limitations and working round them.

Most software you need to rerun the installer to link the software to the license file?

You could try this.

Cheers

Terry

regcurry
14-Alexandrite
(To:terryhendicott)

Did that and it didn’t work.😡

I’ve used computers and installed software for over 60 years.  I have never had the issues I’ve had with PTC.  If you search the forum, you will find I am not the only one.  You might also read the link provided to see how people feel about software companies now extorting yearly fees when the original purchase was a perpetual license.  So yes, I and others are not happy customers.

Reg
Top Tags