cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Change in appearance of vertical lines in Prime 3

rclayton
4-Participant

Change in appearance of vertical lines in Prime 3

I've been away from Mayhcad Prime 3 for a few months on other work. On return all the vertical lines in my worksheets - eg matrix brackets, programming bars - all display as dashed lines rather than the solid lines they used to be. I haven't changed computer but have changed printer. Anybody seen this, and/or have any idea how to fix it.

Regards to all.

39 REPLIES 39
JeffH1
14-Alexandrite
(To:rclayton)

Robert, I agree.  I'll probably not get our corporate IT folks to install the hotfix across our network.  I'll probably have to wait until it's rolled out in the next official release of .NET and we have a reason to use it on our corporate network.  I'm worried that Stuart Bruff has the next release (.NET 4.6) and still has the problem; like MS forgot to roll the hotfix up in the 4.6 release version... 

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite

To my surprise, our corporate environment already included a .NET 4.6 install.  However, as Suart noted, this did NOT fix the problem.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:JeffH1)

This is such an annoying issue. Hopefully solved in Prime 4.0.

Mike

rclayton
4-Participant

As a matter on interest I have just installed Windows 10 on my "home use" laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad). Under Windows 7 this exhibited the broken lines in matrices and programs, but no longer. Also Prime 3.1 and 15 seem to run OK under Windows 10 although I haven't given them an extensive test. I did look for  - but couldn't find much reference to - W10 in the Mathcad community comments  but perhaps I have looked in the wrong places! If anyone knows if there is such a thread could they let me know. I will need to update the main business computer sometime soon and this will no doubt have W10 as standard.

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite

Same experience here on my Windows 10 machine at home, although I could have sworn that when I installed it a couple of months ago I was having the same problem.  It seems now to have disappeared and the vertical lines all look like they are supposed to.  Perhaps there was a .NET upgrade lately on Windows 10 that fixed it, I don't know.

rclayton
4-Participant

Strange are the ways of Microsoft.

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite

My Windows 10 machine is running .NET version 4.6.1, while my Windows 7 system at work (that has broken lines) is running .Net 4.6.0.  I don't know when this went to 4.6.1, Windows 10 may have done it automatically without me knowing.  Unfortunately, on Windows 10, it's much harder to see which version you are running.  Try this link:

How to: Determine Which .NET Framework Versions Are Installed

It may be that 4.6.1 now includes the patch that they made for PTC.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

In my Win 7 .NET 4.6.1 version installed after the recent "Windows Update" utility running.

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite
(To:VladimirN)

Vlad,

What was the result?  Did .NET 4.6.1 fix the vertical line problem on Win 7?

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Jeff,

It is not noticed when zooming the worksheet (tested on the matrix and the integral), but you can provide your example. I use: Win7 32-bit, Mathcad Prime 3.1 F000, .NET 4.6.1.

Top Tags