cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Change of ORIGIN problem

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Change of ORIGIN problem

I have a problem with ORIGIN in Mathcad Express 7.  I use the default ORIGIN at the start of a worksheet, do some calculations, then change to ORIGIN = 1, do some calculations, then change back to ORIGIN = 0 and repeat the original calculations.   However, whilst Mathcad reports that ORIGIN has changed to 1, it seems to behave as though the ORIGIN is still 1.   I don't know what I'm doing, or thinking, wrong.

The attached Mathcad Express 7 worksheet may, or may not, show the problem. 

Stuart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:o.svahn)

Thanks for the reply.   Whilst looking to see what you were referring to, I found the problem.  When I set ORIGIN:=0 (in the 2nd blue highlighted region), for some reason it set the Label to "Variable".

Changing the Label to "System" produced the desired result.

Cheers,

Stuart

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi there

you need to set ORIGIN:=0 resp ORIGIN:=1 - not ORIGIN=0

regards

Owe

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:o.svahn)

Thanks for the reply.   Whilst looking to see what you were referring to, I found the problem.  When I set ORIGIN:=0 (in the 2nd blue highlighted region), for some reason it set the Label to "Variable".

Changing the Label to "System" produced the desired result.

Cheers,

Stuart

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:StuartBruff)

Welcome to the magical world of Autolabelling in Prime...

Luc

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:LucMeekes)

It was having a vague recollection of you mentioning it in a recent post that made me check.   

I've got used to the fact that Prime doesn't regard different fonts as being different Labels, unlike M15.  For various nefarious reasons, I change specific regions' Math Fonts to suit my needs, so the difference in font style between System and Variable didn't pop out as something that needed investigating.

Cheers,

Stuart

Top Tags