cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Changing more then 1 parameter at onece.

ptc-5405986
1-Newbie

Changing more then 1 parameter at onece.

Maybe someone has already encountered this problem :

The task was of counting value ​​that used a lot of different formulas and parameters.These parameters were fixed or changed by hands. ( Evryting was scalar)

Now there is a need , because interesting to plot these parameters automatically change synchronously (eg a parameter A, B, C , each of which runs about 30 values) , the parameters B, C, tied to the A: A changing, accordingly change B, C. Is there a way to do it so I just put these values ​​in MathCAD as tables

and it automatically calculate values which i need.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

Maybe you'd like to post a Mathcad sheet with a manually constructed example to show what you are asking for and how you think the result should look.

Generally spoken - if B and C should change, when A changes, then B and C would be functions dependend on A.

If there is just one equation with A, B and C, you would have to change/give two values to be able to calculate the third.

One main question is: How would/should B and C change with respect to A, and how A and B with respect to C, etc.

I am not sure what table or tables you would like to see at the end.

I'm very sorry about accuracy a place formulas,I have just started MathCAD, so I don't know how it should be done correctly.
What the problem is, that there are 3 parameters M.N, theta.mu, theta.l(all of them at the top of sheet), It is and experimentally measured parameters.I have a table of them like M.N=.., since theta.mu=...,theta.l=...

At the bottom there is the final value- Events, I need.I want mathCAD automatically somehow take M.N and correlated theta.mu, theta.l and as a result receive a table of Events for each M.N

I think I understand you problem now, You have a couple of triples (the three parameters) you want Events to be calculated for, right?

The first thing you would have to do is turning you calculations into functions depending on those three parameters.Beginning with

01.12.png

and ending with

01.12.png

Now you can create your vectors of variables and apply to that function to get your table of Events values.

See if the attached helps.

The integral in your calcs seems to be very sensible with respect to the values of the three paranmeters. So for demonstration purposes I just used 2x1 vectors with the very paramters you provided used twice.

That's just work great now!
Thank You very much for help, and for file You made!

Top Tags