cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Copy & Pasting large data tables into MathCad

ptc-6721944
1-Newbie

Copy & Pasting large data tables into MathCad

Hi all,

I have built a calculation sheet that is dependent on some rather large data tables. I have used the Insert > File Input method to reference these tables. This works fine for building the sheet, but once I distribute it to 100+ engineers, I feel like there will be an issue with having to lug around several data tables.

I found a semi-solution on here that mentioned defining a variable, and copy-pasting the table there. However, this makes the data tables cumbersome. It's also messing up my vlookups.

Is there a way I can integrate these tables into mathcad the same way one would with a insert > file input method, but without having to become dependent on external files? Perhaps there is a way I can integrate the data directly into my mathcad sheet?

Thank you.

-jw

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-6721944)

"Insert", "Data", "Table". Right click on the top left cell, "Paste table".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Justin Wollmann wrote:

Hi all,

I have built a calculation sheet that is dependent on some rather large data tables. I have used the Insert > File Input method to reference these tables.

There is no Insert > File Input menu item in Mathcad!?

Is there a way I can integrate these tables into mathcad the same way one would with a insert > file input method,

Again, what are you talking about here?

, but without having to become dependent on external files? Perhaps there is a way I can integrate the data directly into my mathcad sheet?

What else, if you don't want to become dependent on externa files?

If the data is in Excel format you may embed the data using the Excel component.

Otherwise just use Insert > Data > Table and copy and paste the data in the empty table. This would also have the advantage that no installed Excel is necessary to deal with the data.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

"Insert", "Data", "Table". Right click on the top left cell, "Paste table".

Richard, Thank you. This worked exactly as needed. I feel silly now that I did not figure this out earlier.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Don't feel silly that you got your answer as I still don't understand the question as you never specified how the data was created in the first instance.

Top Tags