cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Cost calculation in Euros

MM_10384382
2-Guest

Cost calculation in Euros

Hello, 

I tried to calculate the  price in euros but unfortunately I am not able to view it in Euros.

I could view it view it only in the form the declared currency. How can I resolve it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@LucMeekes wrote:

Funny (but fully correctly!) that the unit (Prime default: italic) representation of the euro symbol is roman (the form in which ALL units should be represented).

Luc

If you look at the "Math formatting" menu you will see that Prime actually tries to format the Euro character in italic, too. Seems to be that the font used does not provide an italic Euro character (which is OK as  the Euro character is only defined in upright flavor as far as I know).

Mathcad and Prime never made attempts to follow the ISO-80000 when it came to formatting variables and units.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:MM_10384382)

Prime's output always defaults to the base unit, that is 'money' in this case. You can/should replace it with your desired unit:

LucMeekes_0-1660041127683.png

Also:

LucMeekes_1-1660041279891.png

(not kW, by default)

Success!
Luc

You can change the unit in the result simply by overweriting the unit displayed with the desired unit. If you do this you will get an error ("variable not defined").

This is because you defined the Euro symbol as being a variable (can be seen by its black color).

There are two ways to fix this:

1) Change the label of the currency characer € in the result from the default "Unit" to "Variable" (its color turns from blue to black)

Werner_E_1-1660041702855.png

2) The preferred and recommended way: Define € as a unit!

Werner_E_0-1660041615696.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Werner_E)

Funny (but fully correctly!) that the unit (Prime default: italic) representation of the euro symbol is roman (the form in which ALL units should be represented).

Luc

@LucMeekes wrote:

Luc

If you look at the "Math formatting" menu you will see that Prime actually tries to format the Euro character in italic, too. Seems to be that the font used does not provide an italic Euro character (which is OK as  the Euro character is only defined in upright flavor as far as I know).

Mathcad and Prime never made attempts to follow the ISO-80000 when it came to formatting variables and units.

Today I received an electricity bill at the dacha and calculated how much I need to pay for July.

Mon.png

Top Tags