cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creating a PDF file from Mathcad Prime 9

JohnArcher
7-Bedrock

Creating a PDF file from Mathcad Prime 9

I have a long workshheet with a few  red or black two colour plots. When I save as PDF some of the red traces show as black. I have been very careful with Plot positions and spacing.  I have tried saving from the Math tab and the Document tab. Is there some official guidance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thankyou all for trying. I found the problem very close to home!

I removed and re-entered all graphics. There must have been an errant finger stroke somewhere!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

1. Articles:

2. From "Help Center" - "To Print Worksheets": https://support.ptc.com/help/mathcad/r9.0/en/index.html#page/PTC_Mathcad_Help/to_print_worksheets.html

Thankyou all for trying. I found the problem very close to home!

I removed and re-entered all graphics. There must have been an errant finger stroke somewhere!

I thought that this failure to reproduce multi-colored PDF plot traces was solved, but it has happened again.

I make a small text change to a worksheet and all colored traces turn black on conversion.

All pages are clearly separated and there are no Plot or Document artifacts selected.

The worksheet is saved as a Math section file.

Obviously I am doing something stupid.

Can any PTC Guru spell out an understandable process that will work with all Prime 9 workshheets?

I guess it would be hard to help without seeing such a corrupted worksheet (it may also be hard when we see it, too, though). Only if someone else had suffered from the same problem and found a solution or the reason for it happening (guess chances for this are rather low).

So you may either follow the suggestion of @DJNewman  to open a support case and check the option about sharing confidential information with PTC. or you follow my suggestion and try to create a non-sensible dummy worksheet showing the same failure and attach it here. Of course chances are that we possibly are able to confirm that all plots are black but still cannot find out how this could happen ...

Thanks for the prompt response. I was using the Microsoft PDF software and have just found the free Cute.pdf. Problem solved!

It seems that the Microsoft PDF software does not like 30 pages of plots and math.

Thankyou Vladimir for your prompt response and previous help.

I guess that I did not describe my PDF problem too well; I have been beating ( and losing) on this problem for several weeks!

This is a Patent disclosure which I should not share yet. I am 87 and my retirement fun job was in the JSF Program Office.

I am trying to create and save a PDF file with some two colour plots to my desktop using Win 11.

The saved PDF file shows red traces as black for the first four two colour plots, but is ok for the few that remain.

When saved as separate PDF files each is displayed with red and black plots.

None of the http sources or Help were of use. 

I have tried .rtf and it only produced black plots.

I have tried on another pc using Win 10.

If it is something you cannot share in public, I suggest filing a case with PTC Support and selecting the option about sharing confidential information with PTC.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite
(To:JohnArcher)

Have you tried using the Microsoft print to PDF app. I use it as it does a better job of turning Mathcad files to PDF's.

Maybe you can create a simple sample worksheet containing just a few dummy plots which shows the same strange behaviour.

If possible attach that worksheet along with the pdf which Prime9 created.

Top Tags