cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Data Array Filtering Using Programming in MathCAD

StudentJames
1-Newbie

Data Array Filtering Using Programming in MathCAD

I am a 4th year Mechanical Engineering Student doing my Honors Project.

I have been trying to understand programming in MathCAD for about 2 weeks now and am not really getting any where.

My problem is that I want to filter a data array from a SoDAR so that when a cell contains a user defined value then the row containing that cell is not included in the new array output by the program.

I am also going to be doing some more filtering on these files where rows or columns will be left out if values are equal to, greater than or less than user defined values.

I have searched the Internet and asked people and haven't found the solution yet.

Please could some one help!

Thank you

James

*I have also attached an example of the data file I am filtering. the real things are a lot bigger.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The attached should give you a start.

Alan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

oops!

The attached should give you a start.

Alan

Alan

Thank you very much for that work sheet. It has been very helpful and got me going with the things I need to do.

Part of my problem was understanding the internal functions of MathCAD to use. You have have given me a great deal of help by providing me with the functions as well as the format to use them in.

I have also found that by highlighting something in MathCAD and then going to the Help --> MathCAD Help menu item it would bring up help relating to highlighted item.

Thank you so much for helping me with this. I will be acknowledging you in my Thesis as your template is what I have used to form my data filtering around, and it would only be fair to give credit where credit is due.

Thank you very much again.

James

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:StudentJames)

This can be done, but additional information will be required to write a suitable function.

Which column will you be wanting to look up for the user defined function?

Mike

Mike

Thank you for your willingness to help me. My question has been answered by another post.

Thank you once again.

James

Top Tags