cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Delete else and else if block

DS_10314450
6-Contributor

Delete else and else if block

Good afternoon,

I am sure this is simple but cannot find an answer.

What is the most direct way to delete an else block that is empty?  I really struggle with this.  Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I also struggled and still do. Its really silly and unintuitive implemented. And that's certainly not the only unergonmic feature in Prime - think of the way that scrolling in larger matrices is implemented.

A possible solution (not sure if its the most efficient is:

Mouse-click (left or right does not matter) the word "else" (it starts to blink) and then press the DEL key.

This deletes the else-branch, but leaves an extra empty line in the if-branch (actually all lines which still were in the else-branch would now end up in the if-branch)  which you can delete using BACKSPACE.

You may also switch the order: Click the "else", then BACKSPACE followed by DEL

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I also struggled and still do. Its really silly and unintuitive implemented. And that's certainly not the only unergonmic feature in Prime - think of the way that scrolling in larger matrices is implemented.

A possible solution (not sure if its the most efficient is:

Mouse-click (left or right does not matter) the word "else" (it starts to blink) and then press the DEL key.

This deletes the else-branch, but leaves an extra empty line in the if-branch (actually all lines which still were in the else-branch would now end up in the if-branch)  which you can delete using BACKSPACE.

You may also switch the order: Click the "else", then BACKSPACE followed by DEL

DS_10314450
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

thank you.  I had not noticed the flashing status before

Top Tags