cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Differential equation for a temperature-operated valve

ClaudioPedrazzi
11-Garnet

Differential equation for a temperature-operated valve

Hi everybody,

I hope I can get some answers here, notwithstanding the fact that I am actually asking more than just a MathCAD question. I tried to put up a MathCAD-framework in order to explain my problem.

I wish to compute numerically the flow passing through a temperature-operated valve, of which I know (from supplier datasheet and measures on site),

1) the time constant tau (assuming that it is first order linear system)

2) the law giving the flow as a function of the temperature f(T) in quasi static behavior (dT/dt=0)

and I assume a certain transient of temperature, T=T(t)

A lot of time ago, when I was young and still remembered "Control Theory 1", I would have solved this problem imediatly (maybe!). Now I am a little out of training . Can someone point me to the answer, or eventually if not, to the right forum where to ask for help? Or even to some appropriate literature?

Sorry if I am out of subject, I looked for a MathCAD-forum on Control Theory but it does not seem to exist, so I just posted here.

Best regards

Claudio

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Like the attached?

Alan

NB Odesolve doesn't like units so I've removed them. You should put them back after the ODE has been solved (though I haven't bothered in the attached).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Like the attached?

Alan

NB Odesolve doesn't like units so I've removed them. You should put them back after the ODE has been solved (though I haven't bothered in the attached).

Alan

I think you have got it! My personal background is more in the structural mechanics field, it was difficult for me...

I don't know how to thank you... you not only wrote the equation, you also provided me with the MathCAD numerical solution!!!

I'm going to play around a little with your solution, removing units and so.

Thanks a lot!

Claudio

Announcements

Top Tags