cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Documents & Blogs

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Documents & Blogs

I have just noticed when a new Blog or Discussion is commented on, it doen't move to the top of the "All Mathcad Recent Content" list. If this is the case for everyone and not just for me this is extremely bad practice.

It basically means I cannot track the thread without selecting "Receive e-mail notifications"

Mike

10 REPLIES 10

Mike,

You're right that a comment on a blog does not appear in the Recent Activity stream. Would you prefer a constant rolling feed of every activity performed within the Mathcad community? This would include comments to blogs, documents and videos. What about ratings? Would you care to see if a document or video received a 1-5 star rating?

-Dan

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:DanMarotta)

I would like to see new documents, new videos, and new comments as part of the "All Recent Mathcad Content" widget. If a document or video is updated that should also show (by that I mean a new version is uploaded, not just some minor edit to the comment that goes with it).

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

(by that I mean a new version is uploaded, not just some minor edit to the comment that goes with it).

Richard,

I agree that if the document is updated by the creator it should appear at the top of the "All Recent Mathcad Content" widget, but this should be the case is a comment or suggestion is made on the document. Your document created the other day is now hidden away under the "Document" tab somewhere - I had to click on your name to find it. A few suggestions have been made and in turn you have updated your worksheet.

But nobody can see it and if originally missed when it first appeared in the "All Recent Mathcad Content" widget the document is untraceable, because nobody knows it exists.

Unless of course they receive e-mail notifications when you post!!!!

Mike

BostonDan wrote:

Would you prefer a constant rolling feed of every activity performed within the Mathcad community? This would include comments to blogs, documents and videos.

-Dan

YES!!!!!!

I'm having enough trouble navigating this site. Please , please, please, give me one page where I can see all the mathcad activity; you've already fragmented things to oblivion--the discussion about groups gives a clue.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:f.kohlhepp)

YES!!!!!!

Go on... Tell us how you really feel

big_grin.gif

Richard Jackson wrote:

Go on... Tell us how you really feel

big_grin.gif

Sorry!

Didn't mean to yell!

PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member

That's a "YES" from me too.

One method for shortening the list is to only list the last change. If Richard and Fred and Eden have all made a comment, then only the last one needs showing straight away. There should then be a way of seeing an indication of those other posts e.g. "+3 other comments"

Philip

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:PhilipOakley)

There should then be a way of seeing an indication of those other posts e.g. "+3 other comments"

I second this.

MIke

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Would you prefer a constant rolling feed of every activity performed within the Mathcad community? This would include comments to blogs, documents and videos. What about ratings? Would you care to see if a document or video received a 1-5 star rating?

Yes from me, otherwise the blogs, documents and video's will only be found when searched for. Even though the collab who created the document can only insert an image/worksheet...ect, valuable feedback can be given by other collabs and this could be important if errors are found by other members.

Mike

I'm not sure about what's is the request. In "Mathcad" "community" there are 3 sections: "All Recent Mathcad Content", "Documents" and "Blogs". I don't understand what's the criteria for update the information in each section, for example some blog entries appear under the first, and not in Blogs. Also can't understand why some activities under the "subcommunities" -actually called also community- appear under mathcad and others not.

I think that it is better have a separate notification area -and maybe for emailing too- for those things that are questions or discussions points to those others that are documents, blogs, twits, etc. I think that are very different kinds of entries and merging its can distract the attention - remember that as humans we must to read every thing that is posted in our face, and the effort is precisely used to not read those things that we have not interest. Having the information sorted by type can make the reading more concise. So, why don't appear blogs entries, comments and those things where it is suposed to appear?

Regards. Alvaro.

Top Tags