cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Electric Motor Bearing Sizing

j0313
2-Guest

Electric Motor Bearing Sizing

Hi all,

First time user so unaware if this is the kind of problem that can be solved using this forum.

However, what I am looking to do is to create a template for bearings design and sizing on electric motors. The template will allow variables/inputs to be inserted by the user and it to then give an output of what type of bearing should be used (plain/rolling element etc.) for this type of electric motor and what size of bearings should be used.

The kind of inputs I have had in mind are load, motion, lifespan and speed but open to suggestions.

I have struggled to find info on any bearing design standards or motor design standards that would help.

Any help with this matter is greatly appreciated.

Joe

3 REPLIES 3

Hi

http://www.malloyelectric.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Bearing-Handbook-for-Electric-Motors.pdf

Is this the type of thing you are looking for.

Cheers

Terry

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the reply, it is definetely better than what I have managed to find.

What i would be looking for would be how to basically translate this into mathcad to make it more 'user friendly'. I am looking for this template to be as simple and time saving as possible for the user where a couple of inputs can be inserted and then the recommendation made.

Thanks

Joe 

Hi,

In the bearing manual no calculations are required it is just looking up numbers.

example enclosed.

Capture.JPG

Top Tags