cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Erroneous value and units in calculated result

AG_2749682
2-Guest

Erroneous value and units in calculated result

I ran into a problem where Mathcad 8 (or 4 which I used previously) does not show the correct value or units for a calculation. I would send you the file with the calculations but I see no way to do so with this form. This may be the only error that I have detected while running Mathcad over the years.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am attaching file which shows my problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ppal
17-Peridot
(To:AG_2749682)

You can attach files at the bottom of the form

ppal_0-1665031960616.png

I am attaching file which shows my problem.

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

Change the label ow R in W to variable. Then you get the W you want.

image.pngimage.png

ppal
17-Peridot

Fixed - hopefully

Werner_E
25-Diamond I

As ttokoro already noticed - somehow the "R" in the definition of your variable W is not labelled as "Variable" but rather as "Constant" and so its interpreted as the built-in molar gas constant.

Werner_E_0-1665104629654.png

You can tell it by the different (green) color.

Its not sure how or why Primes autolabelling failed.  Sometimes wrong labels are applied when you edit a region multiple times.

Solution, as ttokoro already wrote, is to manually label this "R" as "Variable" so your variable R is used for the calculation and not the predefined constant. The color of the "R" should turn from green to black (if you did not change the default color settings).

Announcements

Top Tags