cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Excel component does not update when input changes

AF_10530854
4-Participant

Excel component does not update when input changes

I have that issue. Mathcad prime 8.0, excel 365 64-bit.

Does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

1. Article - "[Knowledge Hub] Problem "Excel is Busy: Can't calculate..." or "Excel is Busy: can't activate Excel..." with Excel component and a specific version of Microsoft Office in Mathcad Prime": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS245917

2. Related discussions earlier:

"Mathcad Prime 8.0 - Excel component does not update when input changes":

RantEng
12-Amethyst
(To:VladimirN)

It amazes me that so many people get the "Excel is Busy" error and PTC can't duplicate it.

Bob

SK_9728141
6-Contributor
(To:RantEng)

Yeah, that is bizarre they haven't been able to reproduce the issue. I am curious if the installation of Mathcad affects the existing Office installation. Once I completed the repair of Office, I have not had any issues.

Scott

RantEng
12-Amethyst
(To:SK_9728141)

I’ve spent hours on the phone with tech support and my IT. Repairing office, uninstalling and reinstalling office, uninstalling and reinstalling Mathcad, repairing windows. The last suggestion was to reinstall Windows. It was a brand-new computer and the first software installed after Office was Mathcad.

If a document gets a problem, my best bet is to remake it by cutting and pasting. I hope the problem ultimately resolves itself.

Bob

Hi,

I found repairing Office365 helped with this problem. If you follow the directions in the link on this page, it should guide on how to repair Excel:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/repair-an-office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b 

Top Tags