cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Expand equation to higher order Taylor series

JW_9781974
6-Contributor

Expand equation to higher order Taylor series

The mathcad series commands generated an order 6 series. Is it possible to expand the equation to a higher rate?

James

3 REPLIES 3

@JW_9781974 wrote:

The mathcad series commands generated an order 6 series. Is it possible to expand the equation to a higher rate?

Hi James,

Yes, just write "series,n" where n is the order you want.

The beginning ...

2021 12 27 a.png

The end (many pages over to the right!).

2021 12 27 b.png

Stuart

file:///C:/Program%20Files/PTC/Mathcad%20Prime%207.0.0.0/Help/en/index.html#page/PTC_Mathcad_Help%2Fto_expand_an_expression_in_a_taylor_or_laurent_series.html

file:///C:/Program%20Files/PTC/Mathcad%20Prime%207.0.0.0/Help/en/index.html#page/PTC_Mathcad_Help%2Fto_expand_an_expression_in_a_taylor_or_laurent_series.html

OR

https://support.ptc.com/help/mathcad/r7.0/en/index.html#page/PTC_Mathcad_Help%2Fto_expand_an_expression_in_a_taylor_or_laurent_series.html

🙂

Exact result by replacing 1/3.33333 by 3/10 :

Werner_E_2-1640632209545.png

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:Werner_E)

I can see it's going to be one of those years already.  I normally post Help links from a tab that goes to the PTC site.   This time I pressed F1 and forgot that it used the local help (and I didn't check what the output looked like).  

I keep saying I need new glasses, but maybe a new brain is in order too.  ☹️

Top Tags