cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Feature Request - autoformat and colour highlight Control JScript code

StuartBruff
23-Emerald III

Feature Request - autoformat and colour highlight Control JScript code

I know it's a little thing, but could PTC please add auto-formatting and colour highlighting to the Controls' JScript Editor?  I find it helps to make JScript easier to read & understand (and maintain). 

Numerous coding editors (eg, all the ones I've used and use) allow these features.  I'm reasonably sure that adding a plug-in for an existing editor might be feasible.

Here's a brief example of what I had in mind ...

2024 09 15 B.png

Stuart
1 REPLY 1

Thank you @StuartBruff for publishing your idea. However, we need more information as per the questions below. You may simply add a comment to your idea. The more details and context you give to document your idea, the better. Think about ways to educate and convince other Community members to support your idea and present your case to the product management team for consideration.

Please let us know within the next two weeks.

1. What version of the software are you running?.
2. What is the problem?
3. Are you using a workaround? If yes, please describe it.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Describe how your idea would work in context or how it would apply to a practical situation.
5. What impact does this problem currently have on your organization? (Number of users affected, hours of lost productivity, etc.)

Additionally, I invite you to check out this topic where PTC executives explain product managers' approach to customer ideas and input for product roadmaps.

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
Announcements

Top Tags