cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

File name in the component to save data

JorgeCarrazana
4-Participant

File name in the component to save data

hello. I'm ussing Mcad14 for modifying groups of text files. For reading data I use the component which allow to change dinamically the file name of the input. Once the modifications in the data are made, the writing of the new file can't be done with WRITEPRN because it introduce many strange characters and change the structure of the original file. So I must use the data output component with the "Formated Text" option, but the only way I found for giving a name to the file to be saved is opening the properties dialog of the component for any single file that is proccesed. This is time consuming and don't allow to automatically apply the program to a group of related files. There is any alternative to this procedure? thanks in advance. jcg.
1 REPLY 1

I replied to this over on the Collaboratory, which is the main forum. If you post over there, then there is little benefit to posting over here as well. Richard
Top Tags