cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

'File type not supported' I might lose my job - HELP!

outtaRehab
3-Visitor

'File type not supported' I might lose my job - HELP!

Hey all,

I've been using Mathcad Prime 5.0.0 for a project I was working on.

I have saved the file then opened it again. When I tried printing it as a .pdf file,

some error appeared and a Notepad window opened with:

%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%

%%[Page: 1]%%

%%[Page: 2]%%

%%[Page: 3]%%

%%[Page: 4]%%

60yahki not forund, using Courier.

%%[Page: 5]%%

32ztacl not found, using Courier.

%%[ Error: InvaliddFont; OffendingCommand: show ]%%

Stack:

()

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored

%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ]%%

I can tell this was caused due to the converter looking for alternative fonts to use

and failing, or something like that.

My computer litereally crashed afterwards. I cannot open the file anymore, it says

it is unsupported. Checked the .log file and it seems useless.

File has over 2.5Mb, but opening it in a text viewer it only shows null characters. A TON of them.

Also tried 'Stuart's Worksheet', but for some reason it cannot open that file either (same error).

Could anybody please try recover my project? 

Thanks in advance,

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stuart's worksheet is for real Mathcad (Mathcad 15 or below) and can't be opened in Prime (and also would not be able to repair Prime files if you would convert it to Prime format).

You said it yourself - your file consist of zero bytes only. Unfortunately that means that the file does not contain any information which could be recovered.

Only help could be a backup you hopefully made prior to the crash.

People here in the forum quite often  complain about Prime files being damaged all in a sudden. Sometimes we are able to recover most of the file but ever so often the file is damaged like yours and no help is possible.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Stuart's worksheet is for real Mathcad (Mathcad 15 or below) and can't be opened in Prime (and also would not be able to repair Prime files if you would convert it to Prime format).

You said it yourself - your file consist of zero bytes only. Unfortunately that means that the file does not contain any information which could be recovered.

Only help could be a backup you hopefully made prior to the crash.

People here in the forum quite often  complain about Prime files being damaged all in a sudden. Sometimes we are able to recover most of the file but ever so often the file is damaged like yours and no help is possible.

Top Tags