cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Hide the "collapsed region" lines when printing a Mathcad report?

ptc-4310378
1-Newbie

Hide the "collapsed region" lines when printing a Mathcad report?

Is there an option that would allow to hide the unsightly "Collapsed Region" lines when printing a report from Mathcad?

Haven't found one and now have to fit the collapsed regions on their own pages which can then be removed from the printout. Was hoping for something less cumbersome.

Maybe the lines show as deletable images if exporting to Word? But would rather avoid the Word editing step if at all possible, and go directly to PDF.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

right click on one line, select properties, then area, the check/uncheck boxes as desired

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

right click on one line, select properties, then area, the check/uncheck boxes as desired

Magic! Thanks. Can even wipe out the little icon. Great.

Wish I'd be better at mining the manual....sorry about that.

PS

We cannot see titles and others of areas of sheets on Mathcad Server and I mist wen I nee write this titles as texts!

Once the collapsed region lines and icons are turned off for printing, is there a way to turn them back on globally so the collapsed regions can be located in the file?

Not knowing how to do that, I printed a version of the file with the lines so I can find these regions again later.

As the lines extend all the way across the file, I can also find them with a selection box on the empty sheets on the right hand side, but again, not the most efficient way.

Thank you.

Laurent,

You can't turn them back on globally, but if you drag across the worksheet, you'll see dotted lines where the areas are. Here's a screenshot of a hidden area, that I dragged across. You can only see the dotted lines while you drag.

Mona

hidden-area.png

Mona,

What you describe is what I was doing (And was trying to explain: I am not very good at explaining). I minimize the file to the lowest zoom level and then drag the mouse on the right of the file to highlight the collapsed regions, to be able to select the lines just like what you are showing above. Not very efficient with larger files.

And have you tried to Expand from such a selection? If you right click on the dotted lines, the option to expand is there, but doesn't work. You have to first reset the Area Icon to visible and click on it to expand.

See the attached sheet for a few "tricks" that could be used (Note: Script must be enabled for the check box scheme to work).

I saw in the manual that "Find" will expand the Area if its target is within a collapsed area. So this is what I am using now, until I find better: I include a Name for the Area in the Area itself, then Search (Find) for it when I need to get there in a hurry.

Thanks.

Laurent

In Russia there are teachers who see themselves as patriots (nationalists). Foreign (English) words in the calculations operate on these teachers as a red rag to a bull.
Smart students do not argue with these teachers, and do so :

RussFind.png

This is very precisely what I have to do to turn my Home Work report in!

Not because of the foreign words, but because Mathcad is foreign to the tovarich Professor.

Lots of collapsed area!

Laurent Muller wrote:

Lots of collapsed area!

...and go to bugs

atrav
3-Visitor
(To:wayne)

I do not see a "select properties" option when rick clicking on area. I am using Mathcad Prime 4.0.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:atrav)

You can't hide the lines in Prime.

The description in this old thread refers to the much more powerful real Mathcad (Mathcad 15 or lower).

Prime is missing a lot of Mathcad's features - the various right click menus is one of them.

In Prime there is only one right click menu if the cursor is at an empty space in the sheet. If thats in an area, the only options given are Protect and Collapse.

You can't format plots, regions or areas the same way as in Mathcad.

SFatz
4-Participant
(To:ptc-4310378)

This works for MathCAD 15, but how do you do this in MathCAD Prime 2?

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:SFatz)

I found mention about this here in this blog: http://blogs.ptc.com/2012/01/13/collapsible-areas-a-mathcad-prime-2-0-feature-we-dont-want-to-conceal/

"You can also choose to print with or without the Areas. Collapsed Areas appear as gray lines."

but so far have not found how to activate this option when printing.

SFatz
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Thanks VladimirN - I had read that blog earlier. I suppose this is one of those features in MathCAD 15 that the developers didn't think us average users really wanted.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:SFatz)

I suppose this is one of those features in MathCAD 15 that the developers didn't think us average users really wanted.

Or maybe the developers ran put of time and decided they would include it in future releases?

Mike

Probably yes.

Top Tags