cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Horizontal Scroll Bar Moves when expanding areas

PK_10581207
1-Newbie

Horizontal Scroll Bar Moves when expanding areas

I have a wide document. Whenever, I expand an area and the tool moves the horizontal bar right to shown more of the right hand side of the document. This then hides the Area expansion buttons. How can I prevent the tool from doing this?

We have documents with lots of expansion areas so this makes it difficult to navigate the worksheet since it moves about on you and requires constantly moving the horizontal bar left again to browse all the Areas.

2 REPLIES 2

I don't think that there is a solution to this problem.
This sure was implemented much better in real (legacy) Mathcad where a double click anywhere on the line (and not necessary on the arrow at the left margin) of an area would open/close it.

I also find it annoying that we cannot close an area at the end of it as we were used from real Mathcad but have to scroll back up to the start of it.

Feel free to open a case with PTC support and/or add a suggestion for improvement to the "ideas" section. Personally I don't think that either will push PTC to fix this annoyance but I may be wrong and it may be worth a try - your decision.

I agree. Closing at then would be nice too

Top Tags