cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How do I change the graph in the attached file so that points are all 1 microsecond apart?

DJV
3-Visitor
3-Visitor

How do I change the graph in the attached file so that points are all 1 microsecond apart?

Using MathCAD 9.0, PTC.  The latest.

11 REPLIES 11
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:DJV)

@DJV wrote:

Using MathCAD 9.0, PTC.  The latest.

How could you ask for microseconds? Your sheet does not make use of any units at all - just numbers.

And then ... which "points" are you referring to?

Here is a function used for the plot you created. i used arbitrary units for demonstration only.
Maybe you are looking for something similar?

Werner_E_0-1699680234551.png

DJV
3-Visitor
3-Visitor
(To:Werner_E)

Thanks for trying to help, but this is my first day with MathCAD, and learning to program is a little much for me.

I did type in most of what you did, but didn't understand why I'd want to have Siemens and Farads as the output values..

Thanks for the help!

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

@DJV wrote:

Thanks for trying to help, but this is my first day with MathCAD, and learning to program is a little much for me.

I did type in most of what you did, but didn't understand why I'd want to have Siemens and Farads as the output values..

Thanks for the help!

Your initial question was just about the plot and about a time (microseconds) -> "How do I change the graph in the attached file so that points are all 1 microsecond apart?"

Your sheet did not use any units, so I thought that you wanted the values you used for your various ranges to be time values in microseconds. For demonstration I added just an arbitrary unit for the y-axis of the plots and settled for Farad (as good as any) which of course automatically forced me to use Siemens for the factors of the time values.
Just an example and the point was that you only can demand something to be in microseconds when you use units and not when you just use dimensionless values.

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

image.pngimage.png

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:ttokoro)

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

image.png

RL circut responce.

DJV
3-Visitor
3-Visitor

Okay, this is my first day working with MathCAD.  This is what I've got.  How do I make it work?

I don't know how to clear up the program problem by inputting the variable range for t.

This is my first attempt to use programming in MathCAD.

In other words....Help!  Help!

Thanks.

DJV
3-Visitor
3-Visitor

If someone could just show me how to get what I've done to plot properly, I'd be very grateful.

DJV
3-Visitor
3-Visitor

I tried to use the original approach, but the FFT doesn't make sense if it doesn't know that I'm entering values in microseconds.  I need to know what DFT is producing in terms of the value of the X axis variables for frequency if I only enter integer value for n.  Here's the spreadsheet.  Help!  Help!  Thank you!

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

This id DC factor of the signal.

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

Shows the fundamental factor of the signal.image.png

ttokoro
20-Turquoise