cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How do I keep using mathcad 15 now that it has been abandoned?

ashaikh945
6-Contributor

How do I keep using mathcad 15 now that it has been abandoned?

I have been using Mathcad 15 for a long time, and have many programs in it. Now that it has been abandoned by the company, can I get a working copy or get an up to date license? I do not want to move to Prime, just to keep using my existing MathCad 15. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Regarding Prime 7's built-in converter, Prime 8 will have a "save as HTML" option in the converter for Mathcad 15 worksheets, which is our official workaround for being able to look at Mathcad 15 worksheets before converting them without needing a Mathcad 15 licence.

We'll have a video about this soon after Prime 8 launches in March.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ashaikh945)

As long as you have a license file for MathCAD 15, it will function for a few more years.

What you may not do is get a new license to MathCAD versions prior to Prime7.

ashaikh945
6-Contributor
(To:BenLoosli)

Thank you very much. My problem is that MathCad 15 began shutting down
every few months after I switched to a new computer a few years ago, and
all I could do was request a new license via the internet, which would once
again shut down later, etc. I tried several times to get someone to
recognize the problem and give me back a permanent license, but no one ever
responded. And unfortunately I did not return to MathCad 15 until early
2022, just after it was officially abandoned! I also have Prime 3.0 which I
bought in order to keep MathCad 15 functioning, but that too is now
officially abandoned. I have very many programs written for MathCad 15 and
now I cannot even look at them, let alone run them. Is there any way out?
ashaikh945
6-Contributor
(To:ashaikh945)

It seems that Prime 7 is a lot better at converting Mathcad 15 files than the old Prime 3.0 which I had. So I will bite the bullet and get and try out Prime 7, even though it is a yearly subscription now. Many thanks to the responders.

You sure know that you can test drive Prime 7 with full functionality (including conversion of legacy files) for about a month before it falls back to the limited Express mode. So you can see if you are happy with Prime and the converted files without any risk.
Otherwise you sure should nag PTC to fix your MC15 problem as its not normal behaviour to have a new license generated every month.

Mathcad Prime 7.0:

https://www.mathcad.com/en/try-and-buy/mathcad-express-free-download/install

https://free-dl.ptc.com/install/pim_installmgr_mathcad.exe

P.S. In March, the release of the 8th version is already expected.

Regarding Prime 7's built-in converter, Prime 8 will have a "save as HTML" option in the converter for Mathcad 15 worksheets, which is our official workaround for being able to look at Mathcad 15 worksheets before converting them without needing a Mathcad 15 licence.

We'll have a video about this soon after Prime 8 launches in March.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
DJNewman
17-Peridot
(To:DJNewman)

"We'll have a video about this soon"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBcsHHb00Xc

PTC Mathcad Prime 8 has added a Save as HTML option to the built-in legacy worksheet (XMCD, MCD) converter. This allows you to create a view of your legacy PTC Mathcad worksheet (such as one saved in Mathcad 15) before you convert it to Mathcad Prime's format, and refer to it to help rework your ...
Top Tags